• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

High Detail Naga Myrmidon

It is a request from Chaos. for his help in other things...

feel free to rework this one and you don't have to give me credit :p

Keywords:
cinematic, high detail, myrmidon, naga, Chaos, request, Misha
Contents

High Detail Naga Myrmidon (Model)

High Detail Naga Myrmidon (Model)

Reviews
20:49, 21st Nov 2009 General Frank: Poor, but useful changes. Nothing too shiny and too bad. Approved. 3-rated.

M

20:49, 21st Nov 2009
General Frank:

Poor, but useful changes. Nothing too shiny and too bad.
Approved. 3-rated.

Level 15
Awesome. To bad there isn't a high res myrmidon skin around here. Oh well. Nicely done, But the forearms are still way to pointy. Could you add more polly on those, please.

Level 9
picturenaga.jpg

I like the five fingers, I don't see why any of you would want less.
Got to agree with Chaos, the forearms are pointy. I could chop down trees with my forearms if I had forearms like that.
But its not that much of a big deal since it is hardly noticable ingame.

Vengeancekael, you fail at noticing the diffrence.

picturenaga2.jpg

Warcraft III Naga Myrmidon is to the left on both pictures.

picturenaga.jpg

Got to agree with Chaos, the forearms are pointy. I could chop down trees with my forearms if I had forearms like that.

picturenaga2.jpg

I know the differences but still it's not 100% changed.

Level 35
well this came up fast! Oo

Awkward moment, versaigen... oO

As for the model, it's very useful indeed, not much more, but does it really need to be? After all, it was made for a request and Misha gracefully decided to share it with us regular hivers.

However, one criticism should be made. Fingers. Not enough of them. I reckon it should have 10 on each hand. And uzis. I want the naga to blow the motha f***in' land dwellers away. And give them wings. Demon wings. With glittery effects as it flies. Actually, screw the whole naga idea, do a Star Wars AT-AT. And give it Demon wings, too. Add a nice hat, and I might consider using it in my map :p

Level 23
Awkward moment, versaigen... oO

As for the model, it's very useful indeed, not much more, but does it really need to be? After all, it was made for a request and Misha gracefully decided to share it with us regular hivers.

However, one criticism should be made. Fingers. Not enough of them. I reckon it should have 10 on each hand. And uzis. I want the naga to blow the motha f***in' land dwellers away. And give them wings. Demon wings. With glittery effects as it flies. Actually, screw the whole naga idea, do a Star Wars AT-AT. And give it Demon wings, too. Add a nice hat, and I might consider using it in my map :p

Well, it WAS started just a few days ago. :/

Ten fingers per hand? -.- I think 3 is enough.

Level 23
don't remove it. Its worth the trouble! There hasn't been any high-def naga models in a long time! Especially of the Blizzard nagas. Blizzard's high-def models look the same (cinimatic versions) as the playable unit. This model is actually much better looking than the origional which is all muscle, no glamour.

Level 9
The frill.. this model looks great, Misha.
The quality is fantastic and I love what you've done with the model. This Myrmidon looks ready to appear in a cinematic right away! 5/5 Highly Recommended

Level 11
This may sound retarded but what exactly is this different from the original one? I mean same skin, and he added some things to the tail and the back of it but other than that nothing else, or at least not noticeable in-game

This may sound retarded but what exactly is this different from the original one? I mean same skin, and he added some things to the tail and the back of it but other than that nothing else, or at least not noticeable in-game

what is changed:
elongated and slimmed body,
elongated frill,
completely different back fin,
adjusted trident,
hands,
another pair of dreads,
shoulder fins and some more fins on back

again, there is not much to do on the myrmidon concept if it needs to be like original.

It's almost the same, you probably can't even tell the difference in-game...

picturenaga.jpg

picturenaga2.jpg

:ugly:

from the front, the origional looks better D: The new one is just so skinny! He's a tootpick! D: So frail D: Needs muscles. He's just a bag of bones, hasn't eaten anything in days, thin. D:

..another thing i mark with "end of discussion"
it is how i imagine naga. not those... luftbalons the blizzard naga are Ouo

Level 4
@Misha

Yeah because you really will notice some extra fins and more detailed fingers. It's smaller that's really the only "noticeable" difference.

Level 2
u will maybe not see this as any importent but i do: the tail is too short and remove his true snake like character. for me it's a time bomb:goblin_boom: caurse small fails, bug will become very anoying by time