• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hide unit for player*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi, quick question:

How to hide a unit for only player 1 soo if the unit owner ( for example player 2 ) can still do everthing with it. But they are allies.

Thanks.

How about 100% transparency for a specific player only? Don't know if it will desyncs too tho.

It won't desync (the unit's alpha is just a visual aspect--doesn't affect gameplay). However, you'll still be able to select them and you'll still have a shadow (if I recall correctly). You can deal with the shadow, but you still have the problem of the unit being selectable.

Level 6
well thanks i will try to figure out something. The problem is I am playing with my brother soo i wanted him to not see player 3 units. But we ( 1,2,3 ) players are allies ^^

Level 5
  • The3Alliances
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Make Player 1 (Red) treat Player 2 (Blue) as an Ally with shared vision
      • Player - Make Player 2 (Blue) treat Player 1 (Red) as an Ally with shared vision
      • Player - Make Player 1 (Red) treat Player 3 (Teal) as an Ally with shared vision
      • -------- THIS is the trick --------
      • Player - Make Player 2 (Blue) treat Player 3 (Teal) as an Ally
      • -------- ALLY only wich means without shared vision --------
but before you start you must go to scenario - force properties and uncheck everything in that if you use it (uncheck allied, shared vision etc everything)
hope it helps if this is what you were looking for :O

Level 6
this will hide every unit of player 3 for player 2 :) but only when those units are away from player 3 vision sight.
If he wants to hide them even when they are within his vision sight it will not work.

Yes.. i am afraid but yea that doesnt help.

Anyway thanks for the help i think is just imposible to do this in wc3. because the only dificult way i tought was setting player 3 to enemy with player 2. Ally with player 1 ( me ). And then throught triggers making imposible to units of player 3 attack or target units of player 2. Of course setting invisibility to all player 3 units.

Too complicate xD

Status
Not open for further replies.