• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hide/Show doodad (for a select player)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
So, I'm back with another request, this time it's something I always wanted to see, and have always wanted to use, but never really could make myself (tried many times with multiple failures and desyncs)

So, I was hoping someone could make a "Hide" and "Show" trigger using GUI, however a bit more complex, for example, " unit enters region palate", and from there, the trigger to look for the owner of the entering unit....

After it finds who the owner is, doodads within the region palate of type #### are to hide only for the owner of that unit

And for hide, conditions that if no units of that player are in the region palate, then the doodads show only for that player

I know I didn't give any "well described" specifications, but I'm really clueless on this part

Not really possible in GUI. There is some dark native to place a Doodad animation, so maybe it can be achieved with playing something like "hide" or so? I'm not good with model stuff. ;D
But JASS needs to be used.

Though you could make them destructables instead if it works for you, then you can use the normal GUI action hide/unhide destructables.
Making it happen for only one player is possible, but requires a tiny custom script line with local player.
Here are some examples where code is inside a LocalPlayer block. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/getlocalplayer-faq.224876/

Level 7
There is a very good reason I wanted doodads to hide/show rather than destructibles, I'm going to actually make a map with a 3D positioning system, where you can walk over and under a bridge, and in my case I would use it for housing, the floors only would be the destructibles while the doodads would be the walls, reason being, doodads kind of put a lot less strain than destructibles, and because theres going to be a high density of concentrated destructibles, that small area would lag really really hard - I would like to point out Purparisiens very good map "Rome - Total War" which has the flaw of lag itself from the over use of destructibles

In any case, the show/hide feature for one person to see would be great for the "I'm on floor # so I can only see what's there" sort of thing, while if the others are on an upper/lower floor, they can only see that much... (It's an idea in progress....)

Status
Not open for further replies.