• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hibou Infernal /The Hellish Owl (HO)

This bundle is marked as lacking. It fails to meet the standard requirements and may only have minor use.
Reactions: deepstrasz
- Hibou Infernal / the Hellish Owl (HO) -

Description: Little delirium on the tiles and the environment! Few players like this kind of universe for serious games but that changes ^^

General Info:

Players: 1v1
Size: 94 x 92
Created for "Melee"

Neutral Buildings:

4 Goldmines
2 Shops
1 Market
2 Labs
1 Tavern

Creepcamps:

6 Green
11 Orange
1 Red
Previews
Contents

Hibou Infernal /The Hellish Owl (HO) (Map)

Reviews
mafe
So I suppose this another WoW-inspired map? Not that there is anything bad about that. I wonder if the map layout is meant to represent an owl, something else or nothing at all? For better or worse, I cant tell. Other than that, it is an outland map...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
So I suppose this another WoW-inspired map? Not that there is anything bad about that. I wonder if the map layout is meant to represent an owl, something else or nothing at all? For better or worse, I cant tell. Other than that, it is an outland map, which isnt exactly a tileset that is known for being liked by players.

Regarding gameplay:
1. Creeps at the expansions not on camp stance: This must be fixed (one creep per mine is sufficient).
2. Creeps and itemdrops appear balanced, except for the islands: There the itemdrop would be too strong under normal circumstances. But maybe it can be seen as a special reward for buying a zeppelin and creeping the camp(s) there, so I actually dont dislike it.
3. Ignoring the islands, the map is really small and there arent that many creeps overall. This could mean that in longer games the players quickly run out of stuff to do, or that it will encourage some controversial rush tactics early on. Not convinced of this.
4. Expansions in "dead ends". I also dont like this, as this means that attacking/defending expansions can turn into death traps for either player quickly. Usually, most expansions have an environment that allows player to retreat sideways instead of just forwards/backwards.

Overall, this isnt a bad map and doesnt need to hide behind many Blizzard maps, but due to the general design ideas it is also several steps behind the current competitive maps. And of course, 1. is a gamebreaking bug that must be fixed. Therefore map set to Awaiting Update.