• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

hi my name is sunshinex3....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
i'm currently trying to make my own ww3 map but am running into problems....
like this one!
all right, so I've made a trigger that works, doesn't work well but it works fine.
-possession trigger
{
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Possession (ghost real)
Actions
Unit - Change ownership of (Target unit of ability being cast) to (Triggering player) and Change color
Unit - Hide (Triggering unit)
}
this is the part that works.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
un-possession trigger
{
Events
Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
((Triggering unit) has buff Possession (heroWitch)) Equal to True
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Unit - Unhide (Random unit from (Units of type Ghostly Witch)))
}
this is the part that doesn't, the hero does not appear when the unit dies.

note: if I disable the condition the trigger works fine the hero appears again, but its if any unit dies and i need it to be the one unit with that buff.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you know of a better and easier way to make this ability plz tell, don't be shy.

if any one knows a solution plz help, and if you have any suggestions for my map, tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.