• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hi, hei, hallo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm kinda -late- to Warcraft 3 after leaving Lineage 2, Neverwinter Nights, Star Wars Galaxies, Diablo 2, and habitual Warlords: Battlecry, and Baldur's Gate playing. I work 10 hour night shifts so my W3 playing is primarily single player so I can screw around with maps and make new ideas of what I would like to do differently and isn't entirely for finishing any particular campaign or scenario...I'm really just screwing around with it 'objectively' though it's utterly captured my attention, every bit of my free time spent immersing myself into new maps. I see alot of AD&D style potential for an rpg or even melee map and to do it right I would have to make custom units. And to make custom units I -have- to make make new graphics and have a whack of ideas for what I want to create but that's about where it all ends as far as ability. I can draw and sculpt fantasy characters in a marketable quality (scratch built Warhammer figures, 1/8 scale customs, etc...) so I am thinking this would not be so much different if I need to use something like a GMax? Can someone point me into the right direction of where to begin? Thanks in advance for your time and I hope to have something to contribute in return for your assistance.

Introduction details that matter not...

Time spent-
girls: 2%
games: 40%
work: 58%
gothic metal: 100% in all things
self: who the hell am I???
sleep: I didn't have room to fit this one into %...sorry

Level 2
heh...

I'm too old to wear that crap but I bet I can make a GWAR outfit for you for a few k dollars :D

Level 2
I'm probably overdue a few asskickings but I doubt you're the one to deliver any of them. Now that you and I know where we stand, this being an introduction page, do you know how to make a graphic or not?

Level 21
asasin850 said:
R U tryin to turn me emo?

Cas i really dont wana have to track u down and kik ur ass...

I hate emos.....

as do many, personally i dont really like the emo style but i dont hate it. then again i got bad views about most types of extreemism, including the "gangsta" hip hop mofos and really strong religous people. but i dont hate any of them, just dont think its a great idea is all. then again what isnt extreem these days? its hard to find someone "normal" because that word doesnt mean anything anymore. so i guess if u think about it, if u every say "i dont like people who arent normal" u basically mean "i hate everybody!"

ne ways, hi man nice to meet u, from what i understood of ur post u wanna make graphics or models or something, i heard rhino 3d is good from model and adobe cs would work well for graphics.

Level 2
Thanks, everyone, for the cool welcome. Healingpoison, did you paint that mini? If so, it's super work.

I still don't know what the hell an Emo is...we didn't have those in my school but that's been an age ago anyway :D We were listening to Lemmy, Slayer, and Iron Maiden and didn't have the 'gangsta' culture that some here were talking about. If anyone was in a gang they didn't talk about it b/c it was too easy to get busted. *shrug* In Texas most of the gangs were mexican anyway and anyone else was just in a 'posse' so they could hold up against the gangs and not get their asses kicked going to and from school, during lunch break, if you lived around 3rd through 9th streets, or near a few of the parks. Warcraft is more fun and so are tabletop miniatures and the occasional threat of an asskicking from someone's kid. Don't put me into that kind of group because I never fit well into one, Asasin850. I like what I like because I like it and that should be good enough for anyone to accept.

GST_Nemisis, I dl'ed Rhino and it looks alot like GMax so it should be workable for me...thanks for the input because any of that helps alot! I'll work tonight on some character sketches to place in the background to construct around. I only dread skinning these because that's going to be something totally new but I have a few ideas if I can learn how they wrap around correctly.

Thanks again, everyone, for the welcome and answering my noob questions. If there's anything I can contribute please just ask!

Level 2
lol..all this bitching over a freaking introduction? I can make models for another group then *shrug* ...later

Level 7
Emo are the fags wearing black, who slit their wrists, listen to death emtal about how shitty their life is and think god hates them and everythign he does is done to annoy them. In other words their pussy lil fags who cant hack life cas 1 or 2 bad things happened to tehm so tehy wana commit suicide but their 2 pussyish to even do that.

And their everywhere.. Walk down to teh shop and depending on where u are they might be everywhere or they might not exist.

Level 6
I think asasin850 is Emo, but is too much of a pussy-ass fag who hates himself to admit it.

Level 2
oh yeah?

I already saw my welcome, Healingpoison, when I logged in to see if I could fit into the group in any way and for direction in how to start warcraft 3 graphics vs. nwn graphics. If this group's leadership can't or won't control a pouting bitch's mouth like Asasin850's then I have better things to do. Heh, thanks anyway but I'll just download maps here and there and leave the rest to you guys...I've lost interest otherwise. Thanks again, Nemisis, for the tip earlier.

Level 7
lol U Guys r fags :)

1: Raging u jsut hate me cas ur a pussy who thinks i hate denmark or some shit...

2: If ur guna leave because im not acting like i got a pole up my ass i personally couldnt care less :)

3: ..... Im... Really not an emo... I hate that shit... I wont say i hate emos cas i know 91 or 2...) that arnt totall fags but in general they are fags and i hate em :)

Level 7
I Got nothin against gays... Just cas im reffering to you as a fag doesnt mean i hate em.. or even you even though u are a total prick...

And yeah im not sure what i was tlaking about b4 either... I Think i meant its teh "Fad" i hate more than teh actual people :p

Status
Not open for further replies.