• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hey guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
OK, Let me introduce you to this AWESOME community...

Introduction!
Welcome to the Hive!
The Hive is a Warcraft III modding community. If you are totally new to the game or very skilled, you may either learn and get help or teach others: there is a place reserved here for you! The site also contains a vast resource section including most of the resources that anyone will ever need for a Warcraft project. You will find campaigns, icons, maps, models, skins, spells and tools. Extensive tutorials contain realms of information on how to create, improve and perfect your resources and maps. The Hive's forum allows everyone to talk about the game, modding, making resources and many other subjects.
What we have:
We have an awesome gallery of random and non-random models, icons, skins, and so forth. You can chat with other users by using the Chat button located to the top-left of your screen, or search through our forums, located to the top links of your screen. You'lll find useful information in there, or maybe the Lulz-iest things around the net. Anything can happen there!
*The Models section: In here, you can find almost any model you need for a project. Example you need some dinosaurs, you can find a lot of them in there.
*The Skins section: In here, you can find almost anything related to warcraft skinning. From Naga royal guard, to the Peasant, most skin-modifications are submitted here.
*The Icons section: In here, almost all models made by someone get a custom icon. Many abilities, units and building icons are located here.
Other cool things:
We of course make a lot of contest around the hive. You can access them all in the sub-forum Contest. You can even submit your own, and with a little luck, your one's gonna be used. You can show off your artistic skills in: drawing, making music and even write Prose and Poetry. In the end, everything's up to you what you want to do.
We have the so called Reputation. That's one of the best things around the hive. We always compete one against each-other for these glowing wonders. You can give reputation to whoever user you want. You just have to click the
reputation.gif
button.
Enjoy your stay as much as i do. Hope we can be friends :goblin_good_job:
And please do not be evil, OK?

Hello and Welcome to THW community!

Let me introduce hiveworkshop to you...

The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders of all skill levels among its users. New members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:
Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.
The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.

A few other tips that might help too:
-Always search first! Did I already mention THAT?
-When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.
-Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.
-If all else fails, just send me a private message! I'll try to do whatever I can to help.

Also
about maps:

If you decide to create map please check some tutorials first!
For unfinished maps, use Map Development forum! You can make thread there upload your map so people can tell you what they think just like here! Also for any help with triggers or how to clean memory leaks post triggers and create threads here Triggers & Scripts! Btw if you need any help with WE we have World Editor Help Zone here on THW! And at the end if you need any resource from icons to loading screens check this out Requests!

Once when you create awesome map, and upload it to site, guys like me will check them and give suggestions, hints and so on!

Level 7
These welcome bots are retarded. Just say hi. Geez.

...Please do not start a new topic which content only exist a simple line e.g. "Hi!".
You should tell us a little about yourself, like your warcraft 3 modding speciality, why you joined the site etc.
At the same time, long 'welcoming' comments aren't required in order to reply to a thread, but they're strongly encouraged.
When you reply to a thread in this forum, you should be gentle *logic*...

We're not retarded, we're doing nothing illegal, we're doing it just for fun, and making people happy.

and making people happy.

Until they realize that you're just copy pasta'in a message and inserting their name on the dotted line. 1 was okay I guess, it did show them the rules (in the most robotic fashion possible though), while 2 random spam of the same message in every single thread in the welcome forum is just annoying. Basically, just imagine chat with 2 Lirchs and then you'll get a feel for what's going on.

Level 7
Its retarded. Its just about as bad as talking to a robot on the phone for some company.

It... is... not... retarded... to show to people how to navigate through a forum. A great deal of people isn't familiar with forums, and so would like know how to navigate through it. I gave links, where what is, what for what is, this and that. Don't mind what we are doing.
Noticed a lot of people asking how to give rep? Well, i explained how to do it. I DO This because a great deal of people do not read the Rules, WHICH THEY SHOULD, and I'm really fed up with that kind of people. This is the best way to help them know everything and anything about this site. Call me a retarded-helping-and-introducing-new-users-robot, i don't care, I'll continue doing it.

Level 31
It... is... not... retarded... to show to people how to navigate through a forum. A great deal of people isn't familiar with forums, and so would like know how to navigate through it. I gave links, where what is, what for what is, this and that. Don't mind what we are doing.
Noticed a lot of people asking how to give rep? Well, i explained how to do it. I DO This because a great deal of people do not read the Rules, WHICH THEY SHOULD, and I'm really fed up with that kind of people. This is the best way to help them know everything and anything about this site. Call me a retarded-helping-and-introducing-new-users-robot, i don't care, I'll continue doing it.

Just because its informative, doesn't make what your doing any less retarded. This isn't helping them. Its essentially the same as screen shotting the news page and posting it here. I'm fine with you telling them about rules and crap, but you don't need a massive bulletin to do it. Its cheesy and robotic. Just a friendly hello (that isn't copy and pasted) and a link to the rules or something would go farther than the robotic c&p production. Also, what ends up happening is you tagteam the robot job. We end up with like 3 people all posting some ridiculous robot c&p on the same thread.

Nah, rep doesn't really mean your helpful - you can have tons, and I mean tons, of rep and still barely do anything. You do get rep from helping other people, but you can get a lot more by making them laugh.

There's many people with great resources here on the site but don't stick around the forums that often, and thus don't have much rep.

Level 4
First off, let me be the one to apologize to Ganondorf for all the the ridiculous shit that is spamming his thread.... so, sorry dude and welcome to The Hive Workshop! Hope you find what you're looking for even if it's 'evil' ;)

[EDIT: ok second, Lich Prince beat me to it... ;) ]

People are't usually this messed up... Okay some probably are, but hey, what you gonna do right? Anyway, welcome!

what the hell are all the rest of you thinking harping on about this bull in this poor guy's thread. If you have a problem, go make a thread in 'site discussion' and fucking discuss! you people should be ashamed of yourselves. what must this dude's first impression of THW be if you all just rant and argue about stuff that has no relevance to this thread or him being welcomed to the community?

Introductions
Newly registered at The Hive Workshop? Introduce yourself to the community, here!

it definitely does not say:

Introductions
A cool place to argue about irrelevant bullshit and scare people away from the community with your stubbornness!

I see lost of blue and green dots out there, you people should know better than this.....

also, i'm not gonna reply (at least not here) to anything you have to say in return, so don't even bother! PM me if you have a problem with what you just read.

Level 7
Ok, I think we all owe an apology to Ganondorf for fighting in his own thread. And we should be scared, because he'll maybe take over the world and the hive with it and terrorise us for this... so sorry, Ganondorf, when Link comes on THW, we'll side with U ^^

Introductions
A cool place to argue about irrelevant bullshit and scare people away from the community with your stubbornness!

But that is the definition of Offtopic hehe

Yes, my plan has succeeded... I made you guys argue! I'll terrorize you in the future as well, Muahahahaha!

images

Fear me for I have the tri-force of courage

Level 7
@Ganondorf: I am not afraid of a dude that had more plastic surgeries than Michael Jackson (Don't hate me for making a joke to the most awesome performer of all time)

@Rest of people in thread: Listen people, I haven't been a man of my word, nor did i swing some big words about evil against good fights, but this is important, we have to join forces to smite evil once again. And we mustn't forget one thing, <Insert random southpark joke here>, and another thing, who's not with me - is a pussy. So, who's with me? Let's march into the hive chat, and chat him away from us!

OFFTOPIC: We should make an RP fighting Ganondorf lol :D
oh, and from now on i'll just make some random short posts. Are you happy now, Bob?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.