• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heroes with building-like pathing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm making a td
one of the races in the td has all the towers as heroes

problem: even though i check "is a building" on the hero, it doesn't lock to the grid like an ordinary building

I also opened up Blizzard's TD, which has hero towers, but it didn't help. Blizzard's TD's hero towers aren't actually hero. (the building looks like its based off of archmage but it doesn't have the regular hero stats)

Level 24
What Mechanical Man probably means is that the towers are probably just buildings made to look like heroes. It's possible to change the model of almost anything in WC3 (units, doodads, even terrain)

Level 24
Those would be buildings. Unless you mean actual heroes with learnable abilities and stats. No way to place them like buildings in that case, but give them 0 movement speed.

Level 3
Well yea, thats exactly whats gonna happen. I am making a wintermaul type right now, and thats how i do it. I use a building as the base then change its model to that of a specific Hero, that way it keeps its square map-path, just uses the model o specify it to. So first, take a random building that has the square dimensions u want, then change the model to w/e hero model you want. You may then have to do some size adjustments, but thats simple. So good Luck!

Level 9
Make a hero, then go to Stats - Is a Building and set it to true, then go crazy.

/backhand.

No way on earth that works.

I'm pretty sure it's not possible to have Str/Agil/Int and have it lock to the grid.

5 second later edit

Wait! You can, however, have a unit build a normal, "dummy building" that looks exactly like a hero, on a grid, then when it's finished replace it with your hero that has the same collision size through a trigger. Should work.

Deleted member 139377

D

Deleted member 139377

heres an easy thing.. like most tds and mauls... all the units ar ebased off something like a gaurd tower.. tkae the daurd tower.. and jsut change its model and the stats you need.. BAM END OF STORY.

Status
Not open for further replies.