• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heroes of Genesia

Heroes of Genesia

It an action type campaign taking place in Genesia lore.
This version feature :
5 missions
1 minigame
14 playable characters.
Highly destructible environnement
Outstanding sepcial effect.
You can replay the campaign without reseting your character progress.
More mission,more characters and more minigame will be added in the future versions.

Gameplay
You choose a hero in the character selection map.You will start next mission with selected hero.
The game plays like a Beat'em All/RTS. :)
Use A key to perform an attack and D key to trigger a special attack.
Use different suit of A and D combo to perform different special attack.
Kill the Boss to complete a mission.

Credits :
A credit has been added in game.
Musics are from Dynasty warrior 6 by Koei.
Minigame music by JinNjuice from newgrounds.
Credit music by E.S Posthumus.

Pictures :

70dfdbf71faa865b4e5d76b6c1be2878_14441.gif
110195-albums1900-picture14440.html
df1decab697503d0bdaebb73de87c944_14442.gif
00fc86f9268ae145f88979addac21a6a_14448.gif
f62e9eb3777508beec67e1c5b0849543_14443.gif
f993640511ee0f980c1e660d918bec79_14444.gif
38656dd00dfee8e89b23d067d1f2c3b5_14446.gif
4fdf010517fa87d8bf78421a4c2ddbae_14447.gif

The campaign require Jassnewgenpack to be opened in world edit.

Changelog :

-custom font removed (it cause war3 fatal error)

-Fixed some other fatal error (nearly fatal error free just some rare bug occurs sometimes)
-Added a new destructible pillar in mission 3
-You're no more able to scroll during intro cinematic
-Modified terrain in Mission 1 and Mission 3
-Modified Kaï ultimate a bit.

-Added a new character Arachna
-Added a new mission

-Fixed a bug with the campaign screen (sometime it reset model and music upon saving dunno why..)

-Added 5 new characters : Ketzual, Gnaraya, Drillmo, Pharaoh, Mushura.
-Remade Shark ultimate.
-Improved terrain in mission 3 and 4.
-Improved character selection screen.
-No longer crash after completing a mission.You have to manualy quit.
-Increased experience requiered to level a little bit.
-no longer play tutorial in first mission if you already played the game.
-Remade map description in loading screen.

-Added Mission 5
-Added Credit map

-Added Army creator
-You can now create an army that will help you in mission using your gold.
-Added an hidden bonus gold coin in each level.
-Improved AI.Using attack no longer perma aggro enemies.

-Fixed Bugged army creator

-Some enemy have a ranged attack vs hero
-updated some effect and models
-improved army creator

Infos :
You use A and D hotkey to play.If these hotkeys are not compatible with your localized Wc3 version you are allowed to edit the campaign just to change hotkey.

Character saved from previous version are compatible with this version.However if you want to have access to new character you will have to reset character stats by click New game button.

I had to emergency fix the Buggy Army creator.Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you wishe to help :

If you played the game you may notice horrible custom icon with smudge abuse that hurt your eyes.Those are made by me.If you wishe to make a better quality icon I will gladly use them.

I'd need a cool looking custom loading screen as well.If you wishe to make one I will gladly use it as well.

Keywords:
Heroes of Genesia, Callahan, Campaign
Contents

Heroes of Genesia (Campaign)

Reviews
23:17, 26th June 2009, by Linaze Entertaining campaign with nice gameplay, rather good terrain and lots of different heroes to pick from, destructible terrain and custom abilities. Approved! Read my full review here.
Level 7
why does it not working on me? i downloaded it proplerly but when i started wc3frozen i didnt see anything of it? it's only an empty folder. but still 5/5 good game, saw it on my friend!

EDIT:

IT WORKS!! Shit it's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Level 5
Yeah no strategy just fight, fight, fight maybe something more original and some story between missions suddenly you allying those primal then you with some kinda of samurais that you dunno yet.
I like the skins and spells they're pretty good.
You could maybe put spells name and a small description of each on hero selection i will pick a hero without know his spells.(just a suggestion)
Also creeps only focus the heroes who did (A) but i played a hero that had a ability that only required (D) and they didnt do anything about it while taking the spell, for heroes that use (A) and are pretty weak this is a huge disavantage they fully focus the one who did (A) on them and not (D) too.

Yeah no strategy just fight, fight, fight maybe something more original and some story between missions suddenly you allying those primal then you with some kinda of samurais that you dunno yet.
I like the skins and spells they're pretty good.
You could maybe put spells name and a small description of each on hero selection i will pick a hero without know his spells.(just a suggestion)
Also creeps only focus the heroes who did (A) but i played a hero that had a ability that only required (D) and they didnt do anything about it while taking the spell, for heroes that use (A) and are pretty weak this is a huge disavantage they fully focus the one who did (A) on them and not (D) too.
Yeah I know this probleme.I might improve the enemy AI next.
D abilities are usualy cast by untargetable dummy caster and doesn't aggro anyone.
I still have no idea how to make enemy aggro player hero when they get damage by dummy caster.

How do you make your army? I have 1157 gold, i cant see a way to make an army.

Do I have to Reset Progress?
No.
Go in the army creator map and click on one of the "?" unit and use "Recruit" ability.
It will lead you to the unit shop area where units you can buy are displayed with their price overhead.
Click on an unit and the "hand shake" icon will appear in bottom of your screen (not in the control pannel).
Then click on the hand check icon and the unit selected is purchased.
There is 3 class of unit.
Black cracked slot symbolize Troop.
Dark Purple slot symbolize Support.
White slot symbolize Champion.There's no champion available yet only Troop and Support are available at the moment.
You can press Esc key to exit the unit shop area.
Once you're done click on the "save" unit in the slot area where your purchased units are displayed.
Then use the ability "Save army" you army will be saved and loaded on the next mission.If you units die during a mission it will be lost and empty the slot.
The process may not be clear I might make it more simple in next version.Maybe some tutorial in the quest menu.

Level 1
Thanks very much for the info Callahan, Looking forward to the Next version.

Hmmm, I still have problems. When i Click the army creator map, i am brought to a map, with a portal thing that shows the word save, but i dont see any '?' marks anywhere.

Level 1
Ah now i see it, but it happen that i had to reset before i could see it. Doesnt really matter to me, a good map is worth a few sacrifices

Level 1
Nah its no problem, since i still have the version before your emergency update, i found out also that even after your unit died, it wont be really dead, and you cant buy another unit. That is before your emergency update.

are you going to extend some heroes? you know like the two others? or add some more? just asking.
Yes.But first I have to come up with a system that allow you to load new Heroes without reloading everyone and reseting stats.It is quite easy to do but time consumming.
Currently I did a new game map where every heroes are pre-placed and lv 1.In this map the game save these pre-placed units in the cache to load them in other maps.
That's why it reset stats because it will replace your current heroes with the level 1 pre placed one.

I think I can even get rid of the "New game" map and make the game detect if a heroes variable equal to "no unit" in the heroes selection map.
If their assigned variable is "no unit" then the game will create a new heroes of that type and assign "last created unit" to his respective variable.Saving new heroes without reseting everyone.

I think I can even come up with a system that will detect if you already played the campaign and unlock missions you've already completed in past version.So you won't have to replay every mission.
I think save a Boolean variable in the cache like "Completed[1] = True"
If true then the game will unlock campaign button 1.
But there's no way to unlock any campaign button if you don't play first a map to at least run the trigger.

Level 20
This game has so far among all the games I played the best combat system ever!
But it could need a better storyline though...
I'm sure it doesn't end at the Draken boss right? Because the Neogenesis haven't happened yet.
"A story is never finished, only abandoned" and I give a rating of....

4.5/5 (rounded to 5)

Level 1
can someone help me :(? i got some problems , i can't play with those new heroes , and i can't use army creator can someone tell me why :((?

Level 4
On the newest version, on whatever hero I use, pressing A changed my hero's color between red and blue. Pressing D did nothing. I tried pressing A and D in whatever combination possible and nothing happened. I died on the first level.

Level 2
I encountered fatal error using the Dragon guy, when doing A-D combo(inside the burning aoe) and D combo it'll be fataled.

Level 2
wow nice action type campaign ^_^ its nice if you would update some of the gameplay for good

My suggestion is that make the gameplay (i dunno what they called that view and im still a beginner in reviewing map) http://img8.imageshack.us/i/84158447.png/ <==this view
pro's and con's of this view:
+easier hero control
+no more "face" command
+more fun

-Laggy (i think it can be fixed)
-just laggy

wow nice action type campaign ^_^ its nice if you would update some of the gameplay for good

My suggestion is that make the gameplay (i dunno what they called that view and im still a beginner in reviewing map) http://img8.imageshack.us/i/84158447.png/ <==this view
pro's and con's of this view:
+easier hero control
+no more "face" command
+more fun

-Laggy (i think it can be fixed)
-just laggy
No this view doesn't work well in wc3.
You will have to repeatedly click on screen side to do a 180° rotation.
You don't see what happen behind you.
Terrain, cliff, doodad may obstruct the camera sight more often.
The face command is not there because of camera view.
Every abilities are cast upon pressing D and you can't target click to aim where it will cast that's why there's a face command It allow you to aim without having to move in the direction.

I've seen many map attempting 3rd person view but in the end it was more obnoxious and didn't improved the gameplay.