• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heroes not earning XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
If an enemy hero dies, i should get XP right? As far as I know, it doesn't matter how the hero died, or even if it has been killed by someone or just died (let's say he used a healing ward with a negative value).

the problem is that sometimes when an enemy hero dies on my map, I'm not earning any xp. It happens when I mana burn other heroes and some other effects that I haven't verified yet.

any help?

thanks

Level 11
1. If you are using custom abilities with a dummy caster, make sure you dib't make a mistake with the owner.
2.Is the enemy hero a creep or mercenary hero? maybe you should modify XP reductiont able in gameplay contants

Thats all my guesses. Please give some more specific information, like which heroes

Level 5
yeah i had the same problem, didn't find out what was the cause though, i had to resort to using triggers to give xp.

If some1 more knowledgeable does not share light on this i think you might need to resort to triggers as well.
something along the lines of:
a unit dies
all conditions are true
unit is a hero - true
unit in range 900 of dying hero
give custom value of dying unit to enemy of player x

just an example, the trigger needs refining though.

Level 11
Only heroes owned by the unit that killed an enemy unit will gain experience. Suicides give no experience. Heroes also have to be within a certain range to receive experience (1200) unless that's been disabled or altered in your map.

Also, neutral hostile enemies will yield no experience for heroes over level 5 unless that's been changed in your map too.

Level 6
well, I'm using a mana burn used by a unit that's 10000 away from the target, but the caster isn't a dummy of any kind. It stays in the game until the end.

anyway, my field "Hero Maximum XP Gain Range" at gameplay constants is set to 50000.

Suicides give no experience.
but what if the unit was killed by a common enemy?

Level 5
well, I'm using a mana burn used by a unit that's 10000 away from the target, but the caster isn't a dummy of any kind. It stays in the game until the end.

anyway, my field "Hero Maximum XP Gain Range" at gameplay constants is set to 50000.

but what if the unit was killed by a common enemy?

Well there is your problem, unless that 10.000 is a typo.

Level 6
yep.

I could understand that if it were some kind of suicide. But it's a mana burn, a hero killer!

and btw, I placed an invulnerable demon hunter just to test that, and he gained the xp from his kill.

EDIT: I also added an allied hero next to the killed hero, and he didn't earn XP.

Level 11
That is very strange. And if a "common enemy" kills another player's units, your heroes will only gain experience if the killing player is allied to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.