• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heroes 6: A step too far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
Apparantly Ubisoft is making plans for yet another addition to the HoMM family, but is it time for fans to say enough is enough? After all, their latest installment was only made classic by the latest expansion (Tribes of the East) due to the boundless opportunities of having 2 upgrades on units instead of just 1.

I for one would like to see what they have in store, but can not begin to imagine what ideas they'll come up with that they haven't already exhausted. Perhaps a little brainstorming is to be called into order here? After all, we might be able to come up with a good image of what the game will be before it comes out.

Level 35
http://www.neoseeker.com/news/7431-heroes-of-might-and-magic-6-could-possibly-be-in-development/

There's not much on it, but judging from this concept art, it appears that the Gnoll is making a return (Yes!!! I reckon it should have the stun ability :p) and the Dwarves and Orcs are still strong in the series (they've been in every HoMM game to date).

I'm currently reading some information on it now, if I find anythin else worthwhile posting on here, I'll be sure to post it ;)

Level 35
My mistake, the picture is of the MMORPG of Heroes of Might and Magic. It appears that information on HoMM VI is VERY limited atm, especially seeing as how I think they're unsure as to whether or not they're going to actually go through with it.

EDIT: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1851065692/m/8541027997/p/1

This 'Xhane' appears to have a lot of information. Apparantly there have been leaks which hint that an announcement of HoMM 6 is coming soon, so keep your eyes and ears open, ppl ;)

Level 35
I certainly hope so. After all, HoMM 5 became kinda gay in terms of interface (I absolutely LOVED the strategic value [even if I got sick of the game about a month after getting into it], but the look made me think of WoW, which makes me want to vomit. In a bad way.).

A more gothic feel to the new HoMM sequel would be fantastic indeed =D

I wonder if they'll ever implement the Skeleton Skull Thrower into the game lol (saw it in the only Might and Magic game I ever played, and I thought it was pretty cool, also pretty lol :p)

Level 3
Haha, Yea. If there is a new HoMM Game coming I cant wait! Its my favourite franchise thankies to HoMM 3, Best in the series no doubt.

Level 35
I would certainly appreciate the game to be as classic as HoMM3 but to have many new ideas for gameplay (sort of like HoMM 5 was, only... better and less fruity :p). My main criticism of HoMM5 when it finally added something new (alternate upgrades) was that they presented it in the worst way possible - new species of Undead. That sounds like something an 8 year old kid would come up with. Hmm...

Okay, new conspiracy. Is Ubisoft secretly run by an 8 year old kid named Billy? COMMENCE DEBATE!

Level 35
Of course they had to have new undead, but did they have to present it in the manner they did? The way that they did it didn't really give much credit to the intelligence of fans of the series imo.

As I said, it was in the way they presented it. I never said anything about excluding the new undead units -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.