• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero vs Hero

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Need help for this map.
Contents

Hero vs Hero (Map)

Reviews
18:11, 26th Jul 2009 ap0calypse: Rejected Quality is too low and does not follow the map submission rules

M

18:11, 26th Jul 2009
ap0calypse: Rejected

Quality is too low and does not follow the map submission rules

Level 31
Need help for this map.

Read the fine print of this rules before you ask for help, you have violate the submission rules.

Presentation

All maps must be made in English, must not contain overwhelmingly bad spelling or grammar, must contain a valid author and map name, and must contain a well-written description to give the reader a good idea of what the map is about. Imports, terrain, camera, and other visuals should complement the game.

Use

The maps section should not be used as a pastebin or testing area, but rather for map distribution. If you wish for an advertising, testing, and more public place for early stages of your map, please use the Map Development forum.

Also, learn to search for tutorial. We have ample of tutorial available for you.

Level 7
i played your map, here is my coments :

-as i noticed is a 6v6 map but you only got 3 heroes that can be picked.
-if you pick 1 hero from, let's say team 1, the same hero that's avaible at team 2 will dissapear (better pot the selecting units on the same place (make them invulnerable))
-spells need better description (in some cases, you just edited the learning text of the spell while the normal 1 was steal the same)
-uhm the map needs a better name (my suggestion), but you can still remain to this name if you want.
-describe your map on hive
-uhm, i only tested king kubba or whatever his name is, and you need to increase spell damage of spells. dealing 65 damage and dunno 2-3 damage per second for 2-3 seconds it's something to fear of.
-and the list goes on and on

overvall : you realy need some1 to help you with this map (i won't rate cuz you know what my rating will be). (maybe i could help, but i'm kinda buissy atm, i will see later)

Level 28
I'll try to help you as much as I can...

Note that the order I have given is based on my own experiences, I like it this way...

Start (before creating the map)

First you need to have a clear idea:
  • Will this map be skill-based, stat-based, or item-based? (or hybrid...).
  • How long will this project last? Do I want to make it a small-sized, or bigger project? (in your case: small).
  • Do I have enough knowledge? (If not: there is a help-section on the forum).
  • Will this map follow a specific theme, or will it be 'random'?
  • What is the max size I want this map to have? (I wouldn't go over 1MB)

Now we know all this, we can start creating the map.

Triggers - Part 1

The first things you should know about triggers are:
  • Can I create them at all?
  • Can I make them efficient?
  • Can I make them leakless?
All these things should be answered with "yes", otherwise you need to read a tutorial about that topic.

The first trigger you should make is the init-trigger, there will be 1 and only 1 trigger with as event "Map Initialization".
After that, create the hero-choose-trigger (this should be only 1 trigger when it's efficient).

Now you can think of some other necessary things: a revival-system, for example.
Of course, this will be the basic of the map - nothing special here.
If you cannot create these things like I have mentioned (efficient and leakless), read some tutorials!
Objects - Part 1

Of course you'll need objects.
This includes custom units, destructibles/doodads, items, abilities, buffs and upgrades.

We start off with the units, you need to have ideas for them first.
Try something more original than "ranger", or "warrior" (you have done that in this map: good).
Now we know the heroes, we should know their stats and abilities.

Create all heroes and place them all in the same subfolder! (e.g.: Human/Melee/Heroes).
This will make it a lot easier to check all your heroes and use them in triggers, it will also look a lot better and might save you some time searching for the correct hero.

For the moment, just remove all abilities, the food cost, customize the damage, armor, HP/mana, attributes and all those other stats (the description will be done later).

Then you can create the abilities: Triggered abilities are often a good idea, as long as it is not the standard ability.
Again, put all abilities that fit together in the same subfolder.
Terrain

The terrain is the attracting factor of the map.

You'd like to play a map on a good terrain, right? Then create one in your own map as well.
Don't copy the terrain of another map (in your case: Anime Fight), unless it's a decisive factor in the game.
Create an original terrain, use a lot of tile variation (in the correct way), use environmental doodads, use archways, props, everything that adds beauty to the map.

Notes:
  • "Cinematic Doodads" are not meant to be spammed, use them with care ;)
  • Stay away from Blizzard Cliffs as much as possible
  • You can add/remove tiles in "Advanced" -> "Modify tileset".
Triggers - Part 2

After this, the map will look better.

Create triggers for your abilities, don't try to overdo the special effects, but make it look triggered by adding a new feature (e.g.: poison for "Thunder Clap", or just an animation feature, like rising into the air and after that stomp the ground).

Special effects aren't hard to create and since you can only have 1 hero, you don't have to make them MUI, but MPI (required).
There is enough information about creating spells on the hive I think... search for it and if it doesn't work, you can always ask it on the forum.
Objects - Part 2

Just add the abilities to the heroes and you're done with those.

Now we are going to create items, there should be a good variety of items (recipes aren't necessary), you can start off with the weapons since they are easy.
Juset copy/paste the claws of attack, go to the ability-section and create the abilities you need for the weapons (damage +XX).
Then go back to the items-section, rename all the items, give them the correct ability and set the price (This should be a fair price!).
Do the same for the armor/shield/... (whatever you want).

If you want, you can add relics (rare items with special effects), or you can create rare items (a quality-system).
This is purely optional, but might make the game look better.

Now the finishing touch: descriptions!

This is very important in any map, never upload a map with bad descriptions.
A description should contain all information about the object: spells, for example, should say the damage they deal (if it is triggered, give a code like "2 x agi"), the AoE, the cooldown, the exact damage of the spawns, the cast range, the duration, other effects (slow, poison, ...).
The learn-description should say how much it increases every level.

The items should also

Use subtle color-codes:

Don't overdo the colors (by using 2+ flashy colors in the same description, for example).
But also don't create a complete white block of text.
(Of course: 1/5 - rejected... no need to explain).