• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hero Mazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Okay this is kinda complicated to explain, take a dota, a wintermaul wars and put them together to create Hero Mazing. You select a hero at the start of the game just like a dota. This hero has the ability to build certain towers (diff towers for each hero) Then the team has to fight the other team and send creeps just like in a WMW. Im already done with the terrain. I can do the map easy but some help would be nice (if someone is good at making heroes and that has some time to help, plz pm me or e-mail me at [email protected]

Also, Bob27, I was wondering if it was possible to have my own project forum. ty

Hey ralle :D

Level 2
Well, im having a hard time creating abilities and good, balanced, heroes.

Basicly.

Level 12
Ha, welcome to the problem of all makers my friend. Here is some friendly advice: no matter how much work and effort you do people will bitch, complain about unbalances, complain about nerfing, and generally get on your nerves. There is no way to be 100% balanced, but find a spot you are comfortable with and work from that.

Level 2
Yeah I have to agree with that. But what I really meant by having a hard time to make abilities is that when I try to make a custom one (based on a real one), for exemple: An ability that spawns creeps every second.

Cost 100mana
The tower has 500 with 100 Mana regen/sec.

I based it on Raise Dead. When I tried to create the trigger side effects, the ability would tell me that there are no corpse around. Tried to fix that and din't find out how.

Im having problems with that sort of things. I can trigger (easy). I can make terrains, I'm currently learning jass to make my maps a little more advanced.

Don't know if you follow what I mean.

Level 12
Send me what you want to happen and the map and I will see if I can fix it for you.

Level 2
Yeah im having a hard time explaining what im having problems with. Its kinda complicated. Can you create an ability that does nothing exept being cast and auto casted? i could do the effects with triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.