• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Hero involved triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Okay, I'm making a complicated map, but this trigger is easy...except not for me lol. I want things to happen based on what a play types, and heres the things i want to do:
-set str x
-set int x
-set agi x
-set lvl x

I want x to represent any number given. The map is sort of like a maze, but not really, you need certain levels, and stats, to get into certain areas. How do i make stuff change to what the players type?

Level 9
no, thats not what im talking about. i want whatever the player types, thats what the hero becomes. examples:
-set str 55 (this will set heroes str to 55)
-set agi 76 (this will set heroes agi to 76)
-set int 43 (this will set heroes int to 43)
-set lvl 436 (hero will become lvl 436)
then go up or down with numbers and keep chaning.

Level 9
No no no no... They need to figure out puzzles, and set their stats to a specific number, to reach the next area, or unlock secrets. The game stores the true hero stats with a long complicated storage system, so the changed stats don't count when duels come in the hero arena. The maps a hero arena/maze map.
Can someone just tell me how to do this?

Level 27
  • Events
    • Player 1 enters a message containing -str
    • Player 2 enters a message containing -str
    • Player 3 enters a message containing -str
    • etc..
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • Hero - Set Hero strength to Convert String to Integer(substring 5, (entered chat string length))
Didn't have my WE open, but it should be something like that..
--donut3.5--

Level 4
Honestly I have never seen this done, this is a new concept, and new concepts are always the hardest. Look at a trigger that has some action like this, and try to adapt it.

Level 11
Let me put it this way:
This is extremely simple.
This is not at all a new concept. (Used in rp's)
Nobody wants to do it.

If you want the triggers done, post your map and I'll add the triggers to it. I'd rather do this then simply give you the triggers, because these kinds of things are also used as game cheats.

Status
Not open for further replies.