• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Glow Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I know, since other guyz solved adding hero glow problem, I didnt want to tell you the same for avoiding spam (like I told you the solution NOW GIVE ME REP)

Level 12
whatever,

but can anyone help me?

So you removed all hero glows, and want to add glows to certain units?

Download aura.mdl/mdx pack. Import. Create an ability. Attach aura.mdl/mdx at origin. Give ability to hero in hidden spellbook.

Level 12
well I somebody posted that link but from what I could tell those glows don't come in team colour, and it would be a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGe hassle to make seperate but identical heroes for each player not to mention other problems with triggers and such

You didn't try it at all? You newbies ask for help and don't even try what's recommended. Seriously.

Aura pack is 1 model. It's colored based on the player's color. Use it already.

Level 11
yes I didn't try it because when I went to the resource page i read the description and the comments, and from what I could gather there was no team colour, but I guess Ill try it if you say there is, cause I got no reply when I posted on the resource page

Level 19
making glow come in team color
Set PlayerVar = Owner of <a unit with glow>
Unit - Change Owner of <a unit with glow> to Neutral Passive
Unit - Change Owner of <a unit with glow> to PlayerVar

%100000000000000 works

Its a Wc3 bug with attachments and this is the way to fix it
(dont know if you can fix with change team color and change to back try that way too)

Status
Not open for further replies.