• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Remove Hero Glow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've been looking around for the last few hours trying to figure out how to remove hero glow from wc3 heroes and the best post I found was this however I got stuck at part 1. I couldn't find the MPQ file to find the unit folder. Anyone know where to find it/make it work or even a simpler way to remove hero glow.

Thanks!

Ok so there is actually a much easier way of going about this than the one you linked.

Download Retera's Model Studio
Then if you use Reforged download Retera Model Studio Reforged Hack as well.

Then you can search through all the normal models in the model editor. When you have found the one you want, you check the "Edit" tab, then de-select all geosets you want to keep. The hero glow should be its own geoset. So when only the hero glow remains, you simply mark all the blue things and then click delete. Then you're done. See screenshots:

Step 1.

Step 2.

Step 3.

Step 4.

Then you save the model when you're done.

Level 3
Ok so there is actually a much easier way of going about this than the one you linked.

Download Retera's Model Studio
Then if you use Reforged download Retera Model Studio Reforged Hack as well.

Then you can search through all the normal models in the model editor. When you have found the one you want, you check the "Edit" tab, then de-select all geosets you want to keep. The hero glow should be its own geoset. So when only the hero glow remains, you simply mark all the blue things and then click delete. Then you're done. See screenshots:

Step 1.

Step 2.

Step 3.

Step 4.

Then you save the model when you're done.

After a few attempts I finally got Retera to work but how do I see and use reforged models? Sorry if i'm being a bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.