1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hero Craft CTF 1.14

Submitted by GLB
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
GLB'S custom hero capture the flag

<<<<<< I. Introduction >>>>>>
Genre: capture the flag
Number of Players: 12
Language: English
Main-Feature: custom hero

<<<<<< II. Main-Features >>>>>>
-custom heroes (at the moment there are about 40 hero models I think)
-a lot of triggered spells (I tried to make the game as creative as possible)
-6 diffirent arenas (!)
-86 spells (about 65% of them are custom triggered spells, all made by me)

<<<<<< VI. Screenshots >>>>>>

screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<<<<<< VIII. Change-Logs >>>>>>

Change-Log Version 1.13

-finished loadingscreen made by CrazyRussian
-bug fixing (heroes don't revive anymore, when player leaves the game)
-minor changes (infernal, medicine, etc...)
-game renamed to "Hero Craft Capture The Flag"

Change-Log Version 1.14

-92 spells
-1 new spell (Static Clouds)
-"-repick" added
-some balancing

thanks! ciao! :thumbs_up:

Keywords:
capture the flag, ctf, CTF, GLB, warcraft, custom hero, custom heroes, felwood, sunken ruins, lordaeron
Contents

Hero Craft CTF 1.14 (Map)

Reviews
03:58, 31st Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
  1. 03:58, 31st Jul 2010
    ap0calypse: Rejected

2. GLB

GLB

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I forgot to talk about the Ranking system!

I create a ranking system for heroes. Killing enemy units, heroes, destroying enemy buildings and capturing the flag gives your hero special exp points. The more you 've got, the better your rank is. There are five diffirent ranks: Private, Corporal, Sergeant, Master Sergeant and Major. each rank has its favors and bonuses. Example given: items!

3. Cyper95

Cyper95

Resources:
    Resources:
    can you save the rank or what?

4. GLB

GLB

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ofcourse not! it is optional. You can play either with or without ranks. Ranks only increase states and enables the purchase of some items. And you cannot save them. It's just some kind of new experience.

5. Cyper95

Cyper95

Resources:
    Resources:
    ok not many maps with ranks that cannot be saved its original^^

6. RailKill

RailKill

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    this map is quite good, i enjoyed playing it at least, messing around with custom spells and stuff... it has some potential, and im sure it would be great once it's finished ^_^

there are some good custom spells and they look good, there isn't much flaw really...perhaps you should consider not including the flag as an item, so that players can have an extra inventory slot. It's fun to play, and you can pick between 3 arenas.

keep it up!! 4/5

7. GLB

GLB

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Concerning the flag problem, it is a difficult issue I am still working on. In fact, the lost inventory slot is a big problem. Originally I created a dummy spell (with effect) that showed that you have the flag. But The Problem was that you couldn't transfer the flag to a team mate. That made team play much harder. Therefor I chose the "lost inventory solution"

At the moment I am working on items. So, new spells must wait.
    ciao

8. Rowboat

Rowboat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Played it and it was awesome =) Me and my friends actually enjoyed this one (ofc my team won).

I also checked this on Single Player, and noticed that MOST of your spells is not MUI =P

I used Thereisnospoon and then Thedudeabides after casting the first time, and it totaly bugged :D This is ofc impossible in B-net cuz of cooldowns cannot be changed, but i still think you should know =)

People say i am creative, and i think i am myself, so i can help with spell ideas/items/cheese/heroes/models/systems .... so on =)

Keep up the GREAT work 4/5.

9. GLB

GLB

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    wtf? I can't believe it. Can you tell me, which spells exactly bugged? Personnaly, I thought my spells worked properly. But to be honnest, I did not try since I cannot host. However, I have payed atttention to MUI. But it doesn't seem to work... I am reall up-set! Please tell me which spells and I will try to remove the bugs.
    Perhaps its due to the fact that I used Index A a lot... I already read that it may cause bugs...Does somebody know how to avoid index A ?

10. Rowboat

Rowboat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I dont know anything about Jass... i remember one of them.. its the Geist spell that creates 3 Death coils that moves in a triangle or star shape... ill edit for the rest :)

11. GLB

GLB

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ah okay... that confirms what I was thinking of... all Index A based triggers do not work. Unfortunatly, there are a lot of them. About 15 I think. I should have read the triggering introduction on THW before triggering. Actually the Poltergeist-Spell was one of my spells I suspected not to work. That sucks. I will change that in the next version.

Please, just carry on informing me about bugs.

12. Rowboat

Rowboat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    glad you know where the bug is.. =) Goodluck.

13. krisserz

krisserz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The map is pretty interesting. Good description, nice terrain and fun gameplay. You used some interesting things, e.g. ranks. From me 3.5/5.

14. GLB

GLB

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Up-Date

Here's my new version of my map. Thank you for downloading and playing.

Change-Log

-extreme bug
    -fixing (people told me my spells are not MUI so I remade them and now I hope they finally work in MUI)
    -some new items
    -a new hero model ^^

Actually, this up-date only concerns bug fixing. Unfortunatly the game lacks a bit in the first minute. I know and I am trying to repare this bug. But at the moment, this doesn't matter. It's just the first 1:20minutes..

thank you for rating. I am glad to hear did you appreciate playing my map.

15. Wolf the ultimate

Wolf the ultimate

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dude, you're my HERO! You see, one of my favorite games is Unreal Tournament and I like the Capture the Flag missions! I'm very happy that I can play the same type of game at Warcraft 3! I hope that you'll advance it & get it better!

Map: 5/5 from me!

16. GLB

GLB

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

:cute: thanks... that's really nice of you!

When I read that you like Unreal Tournament CTF, I was like lol! 'Cause I am a big fan of Unreal Tournament CTF, too, and actually I got the idea of creating a CTF map for wc3 when I was playing UT CTF!!!

Little Up-To-Date for you:
    I made 63 spells! and 5 new items so in the next version there will be more items, more spells and, ofcourse, more hero models.

Please, tell me when you find bugs !
    ciao

EDIT: I will remove some spells (like Poltergeist for example) because they are lacking too much...

17. Rowboat

Rowboat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just a few suggestions: You need some music that increases gameplay-fun-factor... ALOT.

Also need some special effects that doesnt lag to much but looks awesome ^^

Need special powerups, since this is a little map, they must spawn alot =) So the fun-factor will increase as the speed in the game will.

Some strategy, like Taking over a tower would be nice ^^ (Not to pwnage).

Thats it from me ^^ Good Job.

18. GLB

GLB

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    -Sorry, but I don't want to import music ┬┤cause it takes too much size.

-Did you mean, that my current special effects are laging and I have to replace them or did you mean, that you want me to make some crazy special effects, that do not lag? Any way, I will think of it...

-okay, I will add that

-I could create an item or a spell allowing to take enemy buildings over, if you want to...

19. Rowboat

Rowboat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    About the music: Its normal WC3 music i want you to play xD Because when i play your map its Loarderon Theme music.. and thats boring =(

Special Effects: Some spells dont have to good looking special effects =) This is usualy target buff spells =) Try add fire on chest (looks awesome xD)

Powerups: I think it will increase fun factor alot =) Good ur workin on it.

Strategy: Hmm, you could let the Tower be neutral passive in start, and the killing unit will take over it and it will be healed by 100%. Just some more strategy than capturing a flag =)

But most important, it is if YOU want it, not me.

EDIT: Found errors =)

Grammar: -> The "Mana Drain" spell says "Man Drain" -> "Divine Shield" says "Divin Shield".

Spell: The "Poltergeists" spell is extremely to much imba (lol), it does 200 x 3 damage if there is nearby enemy units, thats to much, i think you should set damage to 40 -> 70 -> 110 -> so on.. NOT OVER 200 in first 3 levels... xD

Shops: It took me alot of time to figure out there were even shops... try in start of the game, ping where the shops are for 7 seconds so players will look there and notice them =)

Revive: The first arena is very balanced, good job! I love how you revive, how the gameplay is in there. The second one is pretty much just "Camp and capture" for the strongest team, no other weak team has no chance (this depends on who got first kills). The third is "ok", still can be anoying sometimes (my team didnt let the other move over 3 sec xD).

EDIT 2: When the victory limit is reached, dont just make victory/defeat! Its extremely anoying, make a timer on 20 - 40 seconds for the game to end, so winers can say "YES!!" and people can talk about remakes.

Last edited: May 30, 2009