• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hero Contest #1 Voting

Which Hero is the best?

• Volvox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • redscores (Shadow Dancer)

• NoNZealot (Maledictus the Thunder Wizard)

• HyperActive

• †-Revellion-†

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
This issue stops right now. I don't want to hear any more about it.

After doing a bit of investigation of this issue, it seems to me that there is no concrete evidence strong enough to disqualify Pyritie from the contest. The entry, in my opinion, is valid and will be allowed to continue being in the contest.
Any further discussion of this with the upper staff will be carried out outside this thread.

Any more flaming or posts about this argument will be summarily deleted.

Thank you for your time. Let's keep the voting going! :)

Level 4
This issue stops right now. I don't want to hear any more about it.

After doing a bit of investigation of this issue, it seems to me that there is no concrete evidence strong enough to disqualify Pyritie from the contest. The entry, in my opinion, is valid and will be allowed to continue being in the contest.
Any further discussion of this with the upper staff will be carried out outside this thread.

Any more flaming or posts about this argument will be summarily deleted.

Thank you for your time. Let's keep the voting going! :)

Fair decission. GG, no more contests for me.

Level 36
ofc pyritie will win. Honestly, no offense or anything, but I think your hero is crap Pyritie :p
The concept is shit, freaking dragons again, and the rest is good but not the best.

I think donut's hero is the best concept and it's well-coded too.

Edit: Oh, and you're popular, that means you don't get my vote, I am a nonconformist!!

Okay I went through two entries so far.

Revellion
  • (-231) - Aspect of Rathas - what's the difference between that and breath of fire?
  • (-437) - Battlechest - Redone berserk buff.
  • (-691) - Mare aura - doesn't work
  • (-318) - shadow aspect - too short, also doesn't have enough strength to qualify for using ALL of his mana.
  • (-343) - balance - Seriously, he gets pwned by three witch doctors for crying out loud. WITCH DOCTORS. Also he gets owned by anything magic. Needs more balancing.
  • (-982) - triggers - I'm not even going to bother looking at them.
  • (-179) - presentation - blank terrain, enemy heroes are level 10, but at least you included a way for heroes to be resurrected. Also, did you extend the map bounds? You aren't allowed to do that, you know.
  • verdict - not only is this hero underpowered, but his spells are all just blizzard spells with changed tooltips and effects. Yawn.

FINAL SCORE: -3,181

Burnedevil
  • (-128) - lightning - didn't deal any damage at all at level one, and at level 4 its damage is too big and mana used is too little. Also the area it affects is far too large.
  • (-201) - electrical attrition - some buffs or something would be nice to know when the heck anything happened, because for the most part I didn't even notice it doing anything at level 1. At level 4 it suddenly seemed to work.
  • (-21) - lightning wave - damage and spell seems alright, but the mana use and cooldown seem a bit short. Also whenever I casted this I got the berserk buff for some reason.
  • (-62) - speed of lightning - hero jumps too visibly. If you decreased the distance between the jump and the time between each jump it would've been much smoother.
  • (-193) - balance - hard to tell balance because the hero started at level 20. If it started at 1 or something it would've been much better for testing.
  • (-297) - triggers - GUI, also good that you deleaked MOST of your triggers. (ghnn leaks near the beginning)
  • (-412) - presentation - blank terrain, heroes were all level 20, no way to revive except for ankh, testing units were all peasants, peons, and footmen, too few heroes.
  • verdict - at least you did some coding, but your hero's balance needs some work as well just a few aesthetic changes here and there.

FINAL SCORE: -1,314

Level 24
Woohoo?

What about mine http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=583475&postcount=647

Ok,some people just vote and dont look at the other heroes,so I'll describe mine,if I break any rules ,just tell me and I'll erase it.

Name:Daria
Class:Aqua Assailant
Affiliation:Naga
Skills:Water ,Magic,Amazing Archery
Stats:Agility

Description:Daria is an Agility based hero,chanelled at killing units and dealing large damage in masses.She is very weak when it comes to a face-to-face fight.
Her spells are 100% based upon her skills and Affiliation,Archery,Magic and Water.

Her first spell concludes shooting bolts that cluster or spread according to distance.
Her second spell is a powerfull arsenal of 5 spells in one,that give her an advantage.One of those skills is summoning Hunter,which is her loyal pet.
Her third spell is an aura that simulates water,her enemy is drenched in water and he is slowed,while she is moving normally trough water as on land.
Her fourth spell is a combination of Magic,Archery and Water,which makes Daria charge an ultimate blast that deals intense damage and upon impact ,deals +200 damage and slows her enemy.

yRj0H4745912-02.jpg

This is her,Draenei Archer model,proper credits were given

aNb2NT204395-02.bmp

This is Hunter,Daria's loyal beast,he has all the spells that Daria has and his job is to protect Daria at all costs.Proper credits were given for the Drake model

HQ6QpA518655-02.jpg

Hunter with his health and mana values and both spells.
OQXs5j653748-02.bmp

Daria with her stats and skills
EMTwip264900-02.jpg

Daria and Hunter,both on the hunting field,Underwater.
SeBQmn029276-02.jpg

Daria's Cluster Shot
2NR1DV517155-02.jpg

As the casting distance is closer to Daria,the waves will spread more ,as the distance is far from Daria ,the waves will cluster into one wave.
pYQcLa723194-02.jpg

Assailant Mastery,gives Daria a powerfull arsenal of spells that will aid her in any hunting condition.
Nnlm00778606-02.jpg

Darias spells-Water Walk which makes her invisible
-Liquid Arrows which increases the arrows potency
-Liquid Trap summons a shell that renders your enemy imovable
-Summon Hunter,if your Hunter dies,summon him again,or why not have 2 Hunters
-Death Penalty,decreases your enemy's armor by 30 at a large cost of mana.
5GHDNd241933-02.jpg

Daria's third spell which gives her a lovely aura effect,that dooms your enemy

0N4R.x403232-02.jpg

Daria's ultimate which is her most powerfull spell that has catastrophic effect.
BM.iGK841022-02.jpg

Firstly ,she charges all the water possible for such a blast.
7IWGF2038979-02.jpg

Then the wave emerges,dealing up to a maximum 500 damage.
D0dhvH297035-02.jpg

Upon finishing its impact range,the wave freezes and explodes in a giant Frost Nova that deals 200 damage ,in total the ultimate deals 700 damage.

Daria has a lot of synergies:
Synergy with her summoned,having the same spells,can sinchronize your attack in perfect balance
Synergy with her Assailant spells:
Death Penalty + Pulsed Shot(Ultimate) = Can deal up to 1000 damage !!!
Death Penalty + Pulsed Shot(Ultimate) + Liquid Trap = 1000 damage and immovable enemy
Death Penalty + Pulsed Shot(Ultimate) + Water Walk = 1000 damage and the enemy wont see you.

This was just a shortly presentation of my hero,play it in order to understand its full potency.Have fun and Goodluck to my fellow adversaries which may have better heroes!

cool_is_i
  • (-102) - devour energy - Interesting spell. Mana used is too little, though, especially when it gives a unit a 15-second stun. Also your "use energy" thingy is sorta bugged. When you're on 2 energy you can use it, but when you're on 3 you can't, but on 4 you can again. Oh, another big bug. If you save the energy to 6, then use it, the elemental lasts like 2 seconds, but when you get 1 more energy you get a bunch of warning messages, and then you have two "use energy" spells.
  • (-150) - storm blade - It would be a lot better if it didn't require an inventory slot.
  • (-219) - death blade - the blade doesn't do damage
  • (-308) - elemental blades - Not a bad idea, but forcing the player to choose a blade and not letting him/her select anything else in the process is really annoying. If the blade choice was random it would have worked better.
  • (-59) - presentation - good that you actually made a town and terrain, although the tooltips need a bit of general polish. Also good that you revived the hero if it died and had ways to restore the health and mana of the hero. Oh, and you forgot to add locust to the energy ball.
  • (-539) - triggers - Oh lawd, these are messy. You haven't cleaned up ANY leaks, and none of your spells are MUI.
  • verdict - Decent ideas for spells, but your triggers are seriously lacking.

FINAL SCORE: -1377

Level 4
BLEH just realized you can't vote for yourself.. so.. too late. Ummmm.. if any mods could change that or something that would be awesome hahaha.. I really don't want to get DQed.

Level 22
> Ummmm.. if any mods could change that or something that would be awesome hahaha.. I really don't want to get DQed.

Well, I think some admin might be able to do that by editing the poll.
However, it's not that essential. When counting the votes, it will be easy to manually subtract your vote from your own entry.

> Hey Ghan, can you add them all to a zip archive?

Done.

Level 12
cool_is_i
  • (-102) - devour energy - Interesting spell. Mana used is too little, though, especially when it gives a unit a 15-second stun. Also your "use energy" thingy is sorta bugged. When you're on 2 energy you can use it, but when you're on 3 you can't, but on 4 you can again. Oh, another big bug. If you save the energy to 6, then use it, the elemental lasts like 2 seconds, but when you get 1 more energy you get a bunch of warning messages, and then you have two "use energy" spells.
  • (-150) - storm blade - It would be a lot better if it didn't require an inventory slot.
  • (-219) - death blade - the blade doesn't do damage
  • (-308) - elemental blades - Not a bad idea, but forcing the player to choose a blade and not letting him/her select anything else in the process is really annoying. If the blade choice was random it would have worked better.
  • (-59) - presentation - good that you actually made a town and terrain, although the tooltips need a bit of general polish. Also good that you revived the hero if it died and had ways to restore the health and mana of the hero. Oh, and you forgot to add locust to the energy ball.
  • (-539) - triggers - Oh lawd, these are messy. You haven't cleaned up ANY leaks, and none of your spells are MUI.
  • verdict - Decent ideas for spells, but your triggers are seriously lacking.

FINAL SCORE: -1377

Thx for reviewing...

the problem is.... idk how to do most of the other stuff, and i made do with what i knew.

Iv heard of leaknig b4 but dont know what it is.

ty

Status
Not open for further replies.