• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #1 Voting

Which Hero is the best?

• Volvox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • redscores (Shadow Dancer)

• NoNZealot (Maledictus the Thunder Wizard)

• HyperActive

• †-Revellion-†

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Here you go.

The contestants that I have:

Volvox Post

xXMephistoXx (Death Prophet) Post

Dan van Ohllus (Chronomancer) Post

donut3.5 Post

Pyritie Post

NearbyHermit (Daria the Aqua Assailant) Post

redscores (Shadow Dancer) Post

burnedevil (Lightning Mage - Lepracon) Post

NoNZealot
(Maledictus the Thunder Wizard) Post

HyperActive Post

Equal (Earth Mage) Post

Thrikodius Post

Kallimachos (High Inquisitor) Post

~Void~ Post

†-Revellion-† Post

NightSong Post

cool_is_i (Pandaren Weapon Master) Post

If I missed someone, let me know!

Attachments

• HeroContestMaps.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Level 10
Can you also add this, next to my name ==> ( Maledictus the Thunder Wizard )
Also I will vote for Pyritie because of " the expected dragon hero ". Not really, because his spells were creative, effective, balanced. As for me his entry is one of the most balanced ones here.

Level 4
You should have linked the posts her instead of map since some people have info + pics about their spells on them.

But GJ anyway for starting the poll.

Level 4
If you knew anything about how much of a headache that spell has been causing me and my team, you'd know that someone found a way to make it work, so I coded it up. Seeing as this competition was running at the time, I thought I'd stick it in my entry too.

NOW DEFINETLY DISQUALIFED. This aint team contest!

_facepalm__by_Chimpantalones.gif

I coded the whole thing myself. All I got was a little help on how to make it work. That's not against the rules to get that sort of help on your spells, you know. You could've just as easily gone and made a post in the systems/spells forum if your spell wasn't working.

Level 10
You can rip my hero at the cost of credit. Though don't forget to put the icon credits in my map to your map as well.

Honestly burned, be more mature than trying to bs your way through a contest.

Well trying to win by disqualifying others for stupid reasons is just, seriously unnecessary. There will be many contests. If you fail at this, one day you may win the others.

It is really against the rules to take work from before to use it on a hero, thats clearly a ignore of the rules and i think its a disqualification worth, I am just being fair, no extra sausage for the "loved" py.
I just told you, the work was done DURING the hero contest, NOT before.

I love how bitchy people get around voting time.
"Oh yeah I'm just gonna bullshit reasons to get everyone else disqualified so I win by default, even though I never even bothered to mention them while he could still mod his map."
^Awesome^
--donut3.5--
Exactly.

I just hate one thing,Dan was voted only by his fellow mods and only one guy that found his hero interesting.
That's voting for you. :/

Whats the point in these contests if you fucking rip spells from already made maps? I worked many hours to get even idea for my spells (i know they arent perfect), but still used massive amount of time making them.

You just don't get it, do you.

I MADE THIS SPELL DURING THE CONTEST. IT WAS NOT FUCKING RIPPED FROM ANOTHER MAP.

Level 8
Wow, that's a lot of submissions. When does the poll end? I'm currently busy, hope I'll find time next week to test them all and vote.

And it is quite obvious that many (almost all voters) won't even test all submissions, they'll just vote for the 'most popular' hive member.
I don't care much though, I entered this competition just cause I wanted to fool around with some jass and have some fun.

Level 4
Yes, if you note the release date if it you'll see that the spell was added AFTER the contest started and AFTER I posted my WIP with that spell added.

Well iv send private message to the man who started this poll (some moderator).
Pyritie has invalid entry to hero contest. Will it be removed from poll? I dont know, but I wont bother to join these contests again if you just rip the spell from somewhere.

Case closed for me.

Level 27
I <3 how you fail to read Pyritie's posts. I don't know whether it's out of arrogance or ignorance, but just stop whining.
If you refuse to read all his posts, then here's a summary (of his, and also some points I added in):
1.) He didn't rip the spell, he made it for the contest and used it in another map.
2.) You are just pissed and jealous because you have less votes and don't actually have valid reasons.
3.) If you did have valid reasons, you should have brought them up before in good sportsmanship.
4.) With point 3 in mind, you are a terrible sportsman. Should we disqualify you too?
5.) QQ and get over it. If your hero was fantastic, then the judge will make it win.
--donut3.5--

Level 24
Damn,so what will happen?

Well I dont care if he hits the road,serves him right for cheating,he isnt my pal anymore and I dont care what happens next.Things like these become too personal,let the damn contest roll on its own.

We should of waited for Mr.Wolverabids return,that would of straigthened things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.