• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Concepts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm making an AoS map though my mind is being blocked with pressures in school so i'm requesting help from the hive i'm asking for hero concepts to help me with my map.There are rules since i am only a begginer in GUI abilities and i am not fond of JASS or vJASS so make the abilities original and simple.

Rules

1.The hero can have a custom model and icon in or outside the hive (Please provide the link)
2.The abilities are leveled like in DoTa so it's 1st - 3rd skill is up to level 4 while last skill is up to level 3
3.Make an original name i'm not asking you to put your username as the name for your hero if you want to you may
4.For the custom models and icons please check if they work properly.
5.Be imaginative have fun while making a hero concept don't just heroes from other maps be original and creative.
6.Remember to always put the main details Primary Att,Attack Range and Movement Speed.
7.Custom Missile models for abilities are also accepted (Please provide the link)

For anyone who would help thanks no need to make it Hidden though it will be helpful if you do to make me read more quickly and thank you for whoever will help.

Level 10
I've decided to try make something out of this. Here we go:

[SIMPLETABLE="Shadow Infernal
[IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource_images/4/models_3339_screenshot.jpg[/IMG]"]Download Here

Icon:
attachment.php

Download Here

Description:
''Z00rtaz'' the Infernal was one of the greatest infernal leaders of the Burning legion.
But as Archimonde fell, ''Z00rtaz'' strived freely on azeroth, pummeling rabbits and what-not.
Untill the day he heard the horns of battle and felt the smell of blood. He traveled to
the barrens and joined one of the factions for bountiful carnage.
Abilities:
Claim Spirit:
attachment.php

Download Here
The Shadow Infernal Claims the souls of the target,
banishing it for XX seconds, slowing it by XX%, and causes him to drain XX hp from it.

Call Minions:
attachment.php

Download Here
The Shadow Infernal Summons XX small burning infernal minions around him to his aid.
The minions last XX seconds.

Burning Strength:
attachment.php

Download Here
The Shadow Infernal is cloaked in Shadowy Flames.
The Flames deals XX% damage of total Strength.
[/box]
I couldn't make up my mind with what the Ultimate ability should be, so I leave that to you.

Attachments

• icons_11544_btn.jpg
    icons_11544_btn.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 199
  • icons_2079_btn.jpg
    icons_2079_btn.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 349
  • icons_5871_pas.jpg
    icons_5871_pas.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 309
  • icons_552_btn.jpg
    icons_552_btn.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 334
Level 31
Level 31
Cavman I'll see what I can do seems nice though 3rd ability i have a question is it that the health just goes away or do you get the sapped health?

I was intentionally vague with it so that it could be more flexible. Could be like Vampiric Aura and give the health to you, or could just sap the health away and mess everyone's shit up.

Level 5
I was intentionally vague with it so that it could be more flexible. Could be like Vampiric Aura and give the health to you, or could just sap the health away and mess everyone's shit up.
I would rather go for vampiric aura since passively sucking away an enemy's life is a bit imbalanced so hero approved.

actually if u were to go to the idea factory there is loads of ideas there ...
in case you dun know where
Crimson Guard yes I do know about the idea factory though it's hard to look for heroes there for there are many topics i don't have time to look at all of them just to find a hero so i made a thread

Model base: Irong Golem

Brief Bio: large metal unit, adept at taking damage.

Misc: RandomShock, the hero is randomly shocked by lightning from the sky..., this will partially make up for the tankyness of the hero (it should have enough hp regen to counter the shock for the most part)

Abilitys:
Pulverize (if i recall the model has anims for it, or a slam type spell)
Iron Skin: reduces damage by a %, (attacks and spells)
Discharge: every time the hero is randomly shocked, he builds up a discharge, which is released with his next attack(chain lightning?). i think shocks probably shouldnt stack to up this discharge, atleast not past 3 tops
Rebirth (it has nice anims for this): If the hero is 'killed' he becomes a pile of armor, with XX hitpoints, If he survives for XX seconds, he will be reborn, with XX% health. (basically phonix, but for ur hero, and synergizes good with the random shock, that could randomly kill you, with no enemys around)

Magic Thief:

Brief bio: spellbreaker, good at destroying heros with large mana pools, this hero is already in my foots, and its pretty nice, but feel free to tweak it however..

Misc: feedback, and optionally a single bonus bounce on attacks (since he would otherwise be horrible at creeping), you may or maynot allow the second bounce to feedback, if your really into coding
Spell Stop: soul burn with little/no dps, so it can last as long as possible, at preventing spells)
Mana Spark: summons a wave of magic energy, healing the mana of all nearby units (allied AND enemy, enemy is important)
Ult - Massive Feedback: Destroys all of a players mana(you may need to limit the max destroyed mana), dealing a factor of that mana back as damage (not necessarily a 1:1 ratio :))

Magic Shield: while active reduces physical damage by a %, also drains the heros mana (im lazy so i just have mana shield XD)

the lightning is what sets him appart >.<, and 3 of his skills synergize around it.., and fit to the storyline (he would be dmg resistant from being hit all the time and used to it..), (his ult could be a chance, or you could sit there for an undetermined amount of time (untill next lightning strike, which you may hurry along, and/or put limitations on, like 5-10 seconds from death), and discharge, well obviously.., also his name could be 'lightning rod' or sumthin..
the lightning although innitially percieved as a negative effect, has all kindsa mechanics it would add to the hero, like stoping an enemy hero kill, because u happen to be struck down, before they hit you..., or having a tanky hero, but requireing just a little more caution not to go below a certain amount of hp... (even if you know no enemys around)

Level 30
Gryphon Rider

Description:
The wild dwarves of the Aerie Peaks have once again responded to the call and brought their mighty gryphons to aid the besieged Alliance in its time of need. Armed with their trusty, lightning-powered Stormhammers, the hearty dwarves seek to keep the skies of Lordaeron free from enemy forces. The proud gryphons share their riders’ implacable resolve and stand as noble symbols of the Alliance’s fortitude.

Name: Grimaim Bolten

Model and Icon is the ordinary WC3 Gryphon Rider.

Abilities:

1. Stormhammer
The Gryphon Rider drains thunderous energy from the air and tosses his hammer upon single enemy unit. The hammer deals damage and then impacts on other nearby enemy units, dealing damage to them as well. If Stormhammer has no targets to impact on, it will stun last hit target for 3 seconds.

Level 1: 2 impacts, 50 damage.
Level 2: 4 impacts, 55 damage.
Level 3: 6 impacts, 60 damage.
Level 4: 8 impacts, 65 damage.

Cooldown: 18, 16, 14, 12
Mana Cost: 100, 115, 130, 145

Bassicaly, this is reworked version of DotA's Paralyzing Cask.

2. Righteous Might
Grimaim charges his next attack with divine blessings, making him stun his next target and deal bonus damage to it.

Level 1: 0.5 seconds stun, 10 bonus damage.
Level 2: 1 second stun, 20 bonus damage.
Level 3: 1.5 seconds stun, 30 bonus damage.
Level 4: 2 seconds stun, 40 bonus damage.

Cooldown: 5
Mana Cost: 20, 30, 40, 50

Make it from fan of knives, to prevent casting time.

3. Thunder Wrath
Hero calls upon the wrath of storms, creating multiple thunder claps around him. Each Thunder Clap deals it's own damage, and slows affected enemy units by 30% for 3 seconds. AoE is 800. 10 Thunder Claps.

Level 1: 60 damage each.
Level 2: 80 damage each.
Level 3: 100 damage each.
Level 4: 120 damage each.

Cooldown: 12
Mana Cost: 90, 105, 120, 135

There is 0.01% chance (I calculated) that unit will get hit by ALL TCs ^^

4. (Ultimate) Static Charge (passive)
Improves each of the GR's abilities. Additionally, whenever the GR attacks, he has a chance to unleash a chain lightning upon his enemies that his maximum of 7 targets and deals 5% lower damage per hit.

Stormhammer bounces 2 more times.
Righteous Might deals 25 more damage.
Thunder Wrath summons 5 more Thunder Claps.

Level 1: 50 damage on 20% of attacks.
Level 1: 100 damage on 20% of attacks.
Level 1: 150 damage on 20% of attacks.

As you can see, my descriptions are much better than other maps have. If you want some descriptions, tell me and I will do them.

Name: Uh... not creative enough
Class: Nero Walker
Model: Necro Walker
Main Stat: Strength, but Int increase over average for Str Hero
Range: Meele
Role: DD with a great need for mana ^^
Lore: The Necro Walkers are mighty servants of the underworld, searching the living world for those who defy to die. With their great willpower, they are able to bend even the magic itself, forcing their whole mana pool into one mighty spell. When they are attacked, they often summons gates to the farthest parts of hell, realeasing the demons and devils to those who venture to face him.

Spells:

Mana Concentration: The Walker sacrifices half of its current mana to amplify his spell damage, attack damage and attack speed for a short time. The more mana he sacrifices, the greater the bonus will become. With greater level the bonus damage recieved with same sacrificed mana percentetage grows.

Underworld Call: The Walker marks an enemy unit as target for the devils. The victim is pulled into the underworld, recieving damage during the process. Unfortunenatly, as long as the target is still living, it cant be hold in hell for a long time and so it will come back some seconds afterwards. But there is a little chance that the target is trapped in the Underworld forever. For heroes, the chance of instant death is of course very small.

Hell Gate: The Walker summons a short timed portal to hell, damaging all enemies near the entrance. The gate is not very stable, but some lesser demons will be able to step through and help the walker in battle.

Harbinger of Death (Ultimate, Passive): The Walkers great willpower materialises itself in a huge attribute bonus. When the material life of the walker ends, the remaining magic he forced into existence is freed and explodes in a dark nova, damaging all units near him. (Explanation: When the walker is killed, he will deal damage around him proportional to his mana left)

If you are accepting him, write me a message. i have some of his spells already triggered (but not MUI though).

Level 5
@ Bloody Turds ok fine i'll work something out but i will take away the lightning when health is below 30%
@Apheraz Lucent hero is approved this will make me practice my GUI triggering :D
@AlienAtSystem ok show me the triggers except the underworld call spell it's a bit imbalanced instant death/forever trapped it's just not right change it but other spells it's ok

@ everyone Not all heroes will be in the first version it depends on how much hard your hero is to me if you give me triggers for your hero it will be easier.

Looks like i lost the map, damn. But it was only easy GUI triggering, nothing difficult. If you say please, maybe i'll trigger him again.

The Underworld Call is intended as simple Nuke/Disable Spell. It hides the victim for around 2 seconds, dealing some damage to him. So its useful if the hero is fleeing because you then can catch up, but during combat its not as useful as a normal nuke or stun because you cant hit him for 2 seconds. The instant death is a little extra, appearing only in lets say 2% of every normal cast and 0.5% of every cast on a hero. (But of course, with enough mana sacrificed, you could make a one-hit on a hero, but after that you are vulnerable, not even your killer-punishment will work)

Level 30
AlienAtSystem, i re-description-ed your spells. I hope you approve it. Also, I thought of a nice name for it - Rythen the Vicious (or just Rythen)

Spells Descriptions:

Mana Concentration: (My name for it: Emphatic Atonement)
OLD: The Nero Walker sacrifices half of its current mana to amplify his spell damage, attack damage and attack speed for a short time. The more mana he sacrifices, the greater the bonus will become. With greater level the bonus damage recieved with same sacrificed mana percentetage grows.

NEW: Rythen calls upon spirits of intergeneration to drain half of his current mana points and draw them back in attack damage bonus, spell damage bonus and attack speed increment. Normally, more mana the Nero Walker sacrifices, the stats will be more powerful.

Underworld Call: (My name for it: Devil's Call)
OLD: The Walker marks an enemy unit as target for the devils. The victim is pulled into the underworld, recieving damage during the process. Unfortunenatly, as long as the target is still living, it cant be hold in hell for a long time and so it will come back some seconds afterwards. But there is a little chance that the target is trapped in the Underworld forever. For heroes, the chance of instant death is of course very small.

NEW: The Nero Walker can mystically control the creatures of the underworld, dragging a single enemy unit beyond the surface, right in the hands of hungry underworld demons. While the victim is in their hands, it takes damage over time, but from time to time, it may occur that the demons will snatch target so hard that it becomes trapped there for eternity. Due to their natural resistances, targeted enemy Heroes will have lesser chance to be dragged to underworld forever.

Hell Gate: (My name for it: Nether Portal)
OLD: The Walker summons a short timed portal to hell, damaging all enemies near the entrance. The gate is not very stable, but some lesser demons will be able to step through and help the walker in battle.

NEW: Rythen summons a portal to distant lands influent by demons, damaging enemies near it. Although that gate is not quite stable and has short duration, several lesser demons will still be able to jump from it to the Nero Walker's aid.

Harbinger of Death (Ultimate, Passive): (My name for it: Lethal Implosion)
OLD: The Walkers great willpower materialises itself in a huge attribute bonus. When the material life of the walker ends, the remaining magic he forced into existence is freed and explodes in a dark nova, damaging all units near him. (Explanation: When the walker is killed, he will deal damage around him proportional to his mana left)

NEW: The Nero Walker's twisted and tortured soul is dispatched from his body, wandering around him. When he dies, his soul takes lethal punishments and implodes in area around itself, dealing greater damage more mana he had.

I hope you are not angry about this. These are all your's full credits. I just rewrote them to be easily understood and a bit more interesting.

No, rewriting descriptions is ok. But your description of Underworld Call gives the impression that its a DoT, wich it is not.

To say something useful too, here is another concept of mine:

The Assasin
Again, think of a Name (maybe Zev XD)
Model: Demon Hunter or maybe Demon Slayer
Main Stat: Agi and only a very low Strength
Role: Dealing Damage, harrasing
Lore: Assasins are a vital part of every society. They help in situations where everything seems lost by removing one of the pawn in the game of life. Often, they are organised as guilds, controlling the market and clouding their profession in a cloak of mystery. But in fact, being an Assasin is a tactical choice, not a lifestyle. The basics are simple: Attack from behind, make the first hit count and have a poison at the ready to make the follow-up combat as easy as possible.

Spells:

Stealth: The Assasin moves slower, but becomes invisible. The first hit from Stealth gives Bonus Damage

Backstab (Passive): The Assasin will deal more damage if he is attacking from behind. With every level, the bonus and the backstab angle increases. (Optional: Backstabbing can be affected by the target. It is for example impossible to backstab a target on the shield-carrying side, but hits against stunned/sleeping/otherwise disabled enemies will be automatically backstabs and so on. Whatever comes into your mind and you might think you are able to trigger.)

Poison (Passive or Active): The Assasin coates his weapons with deadly poisons, creating various effects. ( Simple Version - take slow poison. Extended Version: The Skill is a spellbook with self-buffs with different effects, for example DoT, Slow, Armor Reduction, Feedback etc. You can have only one coating active at a time)

Ultimate: Well there i'm a bit short of ideas. My first version had Flurry, wich could be activated and doubled the attack speed, but drained mana very fast. But there would be no synergy with the rest of the hero, because this was more a kind of frontal assault skill. So if you have any idea, please share. But nothing macigal, this is a physical fighter, not some mage.

Level 8
Name: Crazed Magnataur
Model: Magnataur (creeps)
Main Stats: strength
Use For: tanking,clearing mass amount of units
Skills

Active,Mass effect
Description
the hero stomps on the ground stuning units nearby and also sending shockwaves in every direction
Stats
Lvl1)stuns units within 200units from hero for 1seconds and dealing 100 damage shockwave travels 500units before dissipating and deals 150 damage to those who got hit by it
Lvl2)stuns units within 250units from hero for 1.5seconds and dealing 150 damage shockwave travels 500units before dissipating and deals 200 damage to those who got hit by it
Lvl3)stuns units within 300units from hero for 2seconds and dealing 200 damage shockwave travels 500units before dissipating and deals 250 damage to those who got hit by it
Lvl4)stuns units within 350units from hero for 2.5seconds and dealing 250 damage shockwave travels 500units before dissipating and deals 300 damage to those who got hit by it
Lvl5)stuns units within 400units from hero for 3seconds and dealing 300 damage shockwave travels 500units before dissipating and deals 350 damage to those who got hit by it
Mana cost
Lvl1)
Lvl2)
Lvl3)
Lvl4)
Lvl5)
Cooldowns
Lvl1)
Lvl2)
Lvl3)
Lvl4)
Lvl5)

Active,Mass Effect
Description
the hero runs around with a huge ammount of force causing huge ammount of damage to anyone whom he collides with also, he leaves marks on the ground where he had run past he is also invulnerable during his rampage
Stats
Lvl1)deals 250 damage and does a mini-stun of 0.25 second last 15 seconds
Lvl2)deals 300 damage and does a mini-stun of 0.5 second last 20 seconds
Lvl3)deals 350 damage and does a mini-stun of 0.75 second last 25 seconds
Lvl4)deals 400 damage and does a mini-stun of 1 second last 30 seconds
Lvl5)deals 450 damage and does a mini-stun of 1.25 second last 35 seconds
Mana cost
Lvl1)
Lvl2)
Lvl3)
Lvl4)
Lvl5)
Cooldowns
Lvl1)
Lvl2)
Lvl3)
Lvl4)
Lvl5)

Active,Single-Target
Description
the hero a single enemy unit, stuns it and starts attacking it with a furry no one has ever seen but this attacking speed has its drawbacks after the hero has use this skill, it has decreased health and armor
Stats
Lvl1)increase attack speed by 25% and attack by 150 reduce armor by 15 and health by 150 both effects last 25 seconds
Lvl2)increase attack speed by 30% and attack by 200 reduce armor by 20 and health by 200 both effects last 30 seconds
Lvl3)increase attack speed by 35% and attack by 250 reduce armor by 25 and health by 250 both effects last 35 seconds
Lvl4)increase attack speed by 40% and attack by 300 reduce armor by 30 and health by 300 both effects last 40 seconds
Lvl5)increase attack speed by 45% and attack by 350 reduce armor by 35 and health by 350 both effects last 45 seconds
Mana cost
Lvl1)
Lvl2)
Lvl3)
Lvl4)
Lvl5)
Cooldowns
Lvl1)
Lvl2)
Lvl3)
Lvl4)
Lvl5)

Active,self
Description
the hero has a split personalty thus able to have images of itself
Stats
Lvl1)creates 2 images of the hero images are permanent and has the same stats but has no skills
Lvl2)creates 3 images of the hero images are permanent and has the same stats but has no skills
Lvl3)creates 4 images of the hero images are permanent and has the same stats but has no skills
Lvl4)creates 5 images of the hero images are permanent and has the same stats but has no skills
Lvl5)creates 6 images of the hero images are permanent and has the same stats but has no skills
Mana cost
Lvl1)
Lvl2)
Lvl3)
Lvl4)
Lvl5)
Cooldowns
Lvl1)
Lvl2)
Lvl3)
Lvl4)
Lvl5)

srry cant think of the cooldowns and mana cost but if i can think of them i will edit this post and yeah the skills are mostly need to be coustom made hope you dun mind =>

Level 5
@ AlienAtSystem Please show me the triggers for your 1st concept :D second hero i can work it out the poison will be a passive slow poison and Please show me the backstab trigger not sure how to make it :D(still just a begginer)

@Crimson Guard skills are imbalanced and do not follow my rules read my rules plus all skill are imbalanced change that hero is Rejected untill updated
Edit: Crimson guard the imbalanced is almost all skills especially last skill even though no abilities a permanent mirror image is still to powerful with thesame stats to imbalanced ramapage most imabalanced to much damage and invulnerable during ability plus ministun dude too imba

Last edited:
Ok, it took more than a minute, but here it is: The Necro Walker. Some things beforehand:
I'm using the Spirit Walker Model in the map because it uses the same Animations as the Necro Walker and is already in the mpq.
All Icons and models are only suggestions. I'm using always standard icons because in my opinion, there is everything in the mpq you need. You only have to search for it thoroughly.
The Spell Devil's Call is converted inot Jass because in needed timers in a way GUi cant provide. (I'm destroying a timer in this trigger, so it could maybe under certain unusual circumstances cause to crash the map)
Numbers can be changed, but i tried to balance it already.
The units summoned by the portal are to strong, because i used standard units. They should be as strong as a level 1 creep or a skeleton.

If there are any bugs or incomprehensible lines of code, dont hestitate to PM me.

Attachments

• Necro Walker.w3x
    20.1 KB · Views: 23
Status
Not open for further replies.