• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Request - Custom Hero System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Have you guys seen all these custom hero maps recently? I personally believe them to be the the greatest in customization, and they've inspired me to create my own, but one little problem.... I have no idea on where to get started! I can make it so if you buy an item the hero obtains the ability sure, however I can't make it so if you buy the item the hero obtains the ability and never needs to buy it again. What I'd like is a custom hero system as seen in Custom Hero Line Wars - (I'd insert a link here but as of yet am unable to find one)

A system where you can choose your hero's abilities would be extremely helpful, especially if you only had to buy them once then leveled them up like regular abilities via the Hero Abilities tab.

Edit: Can be GUI or JASS, whichever is easier for you.

Last edited:
Level 7
I think I might have seen such a system on the hive before. Not sure where/when though :p I'll try to look for it

Level 10
That's close to what I'm looking for but not quite, when you obtain your abilities and you go to level them up you don't see the abilities you chose, just the dummy ones. I'd like a system where after you buy the abilities it's like you just picked a hero, as in when you go to level them up all the abilities you selected will be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.