• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero-Concept: Need Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi there,
this is my first post on this board. I didnt mapped much till now.. im playing wc3 pretty much since release and now i want to get a bit more creative. Im currently working on a kind of Tower Defense.. spiced up with some things which i dont want to mention here ;)

However, i currently stopped working on my Tower Defense map and want to rebuild it from scratch. This is why im currently collecting Concepts for Map, Buildings, Heroes and stuff. Now im making some Hero Concepts and i thought you could help me with one.

First, here's the Concept Picture.

That's the way how i collect my ideas to each Hero Concept.

As you can see i used not much new stuff (My first totally "own" Hero). It's based of the Necromancer model just without the Staff and the Book and some slightly recolored texture, the Unit Icon is based of the Necromancer icon, too, just recolored. The Spellicons are taken of WoW and are partly recolored. The Hero should be built around the Corpse Explosion Ability. I don't know if i want to save the Soulburn ability since its not a very new idea.

So the Hero still needs 1-2 skills and some ultimate. First i thought about something that creates corpses if necessary so that the Hero isn't completely depending on killed units, but i don't want to make a skill that simply creates a corpse at a point, that would be to easy. I thought about a kind of Mirror Image ability that lasts not very long (some seconds) they disappear and leave corpses that the ground (would be some kind of defensive skill, too).. but i feel something is missing with this idea. As a third skill there could be some DoT that heals the Necromancer.. or a summon skill. I have really no clue about any Ultimate Skill.

Any idea's, suggestions or just critic?

Edit.: Forgot to upload the newer Preview Pic with the recolored Texture.

Level 4
Since i'm really into Necromancers, And pandas >.> I just really like the ideas from Diablo with the curses, so what I am planning to do with my necroomancer hero for my campaign is give him a spell book , or scroll with like 5 different curses, if that gives u any suggestions, oh and also Im making him have a wand that he can sometimes shoot out of. =) :grin:

Level 2
I think a Slow Curse and a Summon Skeletons Spell instead of Soulburn would work good. But yet i don't know how i could make the Skeletons leave Corpses after the Summon Time expires...

Another good idea which came up into my mind is a targeted direct damage spell (some flying "soul" thing as animation) that does more damage the longer it flies to the enemy. I think this spell was in Diablo II, too and DotA has some similiar with the Enchantress, but i don't know how it could fit to the current Skill Template.

As a Ultimate i got the idea to use the Summon Serpent Wards skill and change the Model to some dead bodies.. the shoot animation are souls again.. just need to figure out how i summon them at random points near the area where the spell was targeted at. Think i need some Triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.