• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hepl with Ultamate spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello...
I am trying to make an ultamate for a hero. What it dose is it shoots a misle at an enemy and it explodes with a big explotion effect i found and it damages ans bushes back near by enemy units.
it would be great if some one would help
tank you.:wwink:

Level 29
First of wall,Silvenon you made my day with that last comment ^^

And now on the topic, I agree you should first try alone but if you are putting here a thread with a question, you should be a little more ... informitive.

For example, would the damage be a changing variable (for example, a unit's attribute) ? or will it be a pre-made damage ? (for example level 1 would be 200 damage).

Will the damage be the same in all the spell's AoE or will it be strongest in the core and get less and less as the AoE goes out ?

Will the knock back be some random number or will the unit be knocked back harder if he will be in the middle of the spell.

You need to type those kind of things.

Level 7
There's a separate race on this forum: noobs with 1 post and 0 reps which make big requests and explain nothing (because of their lack of english knowledge)

huh i am a level one or what ever noob :D but i don't mistake when typing english :) or should i type inglish xD

Ok on topic:

First of all i suggest you use World Editor Unlimited if you do not know how to use jass because it has Knockback included.

At spell well i suggest you use Shockwave and at effects you should do this:
Create a special effect at the point where the ability is casted (you said you have one) and after that include something like this in your trigger,
Take all units in a range of ,well you set this, of the point of where the ability was cast and do a loop action to damage them how you want.

i hope you got my idea if not i will make a short tutorial map for you :)

Level 5
There is a difference between a plead for help and a direct request, i for one don't think you should attack a person for lack skill in typing english, perhaps a person, fx me does not have english as his/her first language and you should therefore not judge a person on how well they know how to express themselves through english. On the other hand it is of course easier if the post is readable, but please stop attacking a person if you don't intend to help or atleast wish the person good luck, such pointless and negative posts hardly makes you any better than the original "noob".

Level 6
A missle that explodes??

Fire bolt..storm bolt...frost bolt...

Trigger:
Events:
-unit starts the effect of an ability
Condition:
-ability being cast equal to storm bolt
Action:
-create 1 dummy at position of targeted unit of ability being cast
-add 2sec experation timer to last created unit
-add thunder clap to last created unit
-order last created unit to mountian king thunder clap
-create special effect using flame strike(or whatever you want)
-wait 2 seconds
-destroy last created special effect

In editor set stats of thunder clap to large area of effect if u like and set mana cost to 0

I hope you know what is dummy(unit)?

Level 13
Trigger:
Events:
-unit starts the effect of an ability
Condition:
-ability being cast equal to storm bolt
Action:
-create 1 dummy at position of targeted unit of ability being cast
-add 2sec experation timer to last created unit
-add thunder clap to last created unit
-order last created unit to mountian king thunder clap
-create special effect using flame strike(or whatever you want)
-wait 2 seconds

Where is the push part? You can't make it like that, you gotta have a unit as a missile and detect when it hits, and then push. But that push part considers knockbacking, which is very screwed up in GUI......

I hope you know what is dummy(unit)?

Heh, think again, I'm guessing he doesn't even know how to start :)

huh i am a level one or what ever noob :D but i don't mistake when typing english :) or should i type inglish xD

You do not belong to that race then ;)

There is a difference between a plead for help and a direct request, i for one don't think you should attack a person for lack skill in typing english, perhaps a person, fx me does not have english as his/her first language and you should therefore not judge a person on how well they know how to express themselves through english. On the other hand it is of course easier if the post is readable, but please stop attacking a person if you don't intend to help or atleast wish the person good luck, such pointless and negative posts hardly makes you any better than the original "noob".

No no no, you got me all wrong, I'm not judging him because of his lack of english knowledge. I'm just saying that most of first posters.......there are exceptions......are noobs (no offense, but it's true). God rok is probably a noob, we can say that he isn't because we might "offend" him, but deep inside we know he is.

Save your energy guys, God rok is probably gone, but we don't care, he wants help, not us :p

Level 6
Ow i idnt see the push part (lolish)

It is posible with WEU but ot wit normal WE with GUI afcorse, i have no idea how to use JASS

In WEU u have the action: make unit slide (play wih that a bit around, use facing angles and stuff)

Btw knock back in GUI looks just fine(i made it in WEU)

Level 13
It's easy in WEU since it has a finished JASS function that you can use in GUI, but making it in GUI is very laggy, but not really if you have a small map with few stuff on it (it is possible of course, I'm just saying that it can be kinda laggy).

And Silve, repu means nothing, I help people and never get any of it >.<

Who said anything about reps? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.