• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Slowing Trail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I am trying to make an ability that leaves behind an effect everywhere it goes for 6 seconds and any enemy that goes near it gets slowed and damaged.

I did the damage, but how do I do the slowing effect, how would I do this?

Level 14
hmm search in spells for Terrain Spells. I don't remember the author but there was a slime leaving green poison behind, very cool effect. But coming to your spell. The easiest way is to make a trigger as periodic event every 2 secs or so, and pick every unit in range of 200 in behind of the unit, create dummy unit and slow them.

Level 10
well, you could make a 100.00 area of effect, negative endurance aura which targets enemy units.

Level 10
yea, i was saying to give the dummy(images) the negative endurance aura, but i'm sure it's quite obvious.

Level 4
I was trying to make a trail of like traps that slowed units and damaged them, for the damage I just used an immolation spell not sure how I can slow though still.

Level 10
the negative endurance aura should work. if you get the "Targets Allowed" to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.