• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help on Spell - Windslash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Windslash
Several swirling wind gusts shoot toward the target point, traveling randomly but near the targeted point. Each twister deals damage and slows units it hits.
Level 1 - 80 damage, 3 second slow
Level 2 - 160 damage, 5 second slow
Level 3 - 240 damage, 7 second slow

Like the Diablo II Druid's Twister Spell

I don't know exactly what to do here. Should I use units for the tornados? How do I make them travel towards the point with a random course?

Level 10
don't know entirely if that's what you want; these cyclones will only effects unit's in the area, but you can create a dummy units with a showckwave ability that will fire if that is better. And you can make a simple trigger to detect where or not unit's have the buff, and if they do, have another dummy cast a slow on them. Hope that helps.

Level 11
Just make sure that the unit has timed life and that it has locust ability. And you don't need immolation... Just the tornado ability which doesn't damage only units along with slow aura. And make then the dummy unit move from the position of casting unit to "Target Point of Ability being Cast". It is totally multi-instance then I think...

Level 11
Bah... Your explanation is tricky Eusira. I'll explain it more accurately using triggers.

Have the following IFS:

If - Level of Ability for (Casting Unit) is equal to 3
Then -...

If - Level of Ability for (Casting Unit) is equal to 2
- Then -...

If - Level of Ability for (Casting Unit) is equal to 1
- Then -...

That is kinda all...

Status
Not open for further replies.