• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] AoE slow passive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
How do i make it so a unit with a AoE splash of 150, attacks he slows all those units? I tried to do this with a trigger but i couldn't find a way to detect if a unit is hurt by the AoE.

Here's my trigger
  • Time Mage Level 1 Slow
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to |cffBB9910Lv. 1 White Mage
    • Actions
      • -------- Tower Level --------
      • Set Temp__Interger[1] = 1
      • -------- Tower Damage --------
      • Set Temp__Interger[2] = 6
      • -------- Attack Unit --------
      • Set Temp_Unit[1] = (Attacked unit)
      • -------- ----------------- --------
      • Unit - Add Time Mage Slow (Effect) to (Attacked unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Time Mage Slow (Effect) for (Attacked unit) to Temp_Interger

Level 2
Try to use different approach, since the unit isn't atacking all of units damaged refer to units that are damaged by mage. Below

Events
Unit - A unit takes damage
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Damaging unit)) Equal to |cffBB9910Lv. 1 White Mage
Actions
-------- Tower Level --------
Set Temp__Interger[1] = 1
-------- Tower Damage --------
Set Temp__Interger[2] = 6
-------- Attack Unit --------
-------- ----------------- --------
Unit - Add Time Mage Slow (Effect) to (Damaged unit**)
Unit - Set level of Time Mage Slow (Effect) for (Damaged unit**) to Temp_Interger

And be sure to add buff Slow not just effect.
And don't use variables for damaged unit, units can get damaged faster than trigger can rewrite them so just use "damaged unit".

**Sorry for the last part i don't have installed editor on laptop so i can't tell you real trigger but there is something similar to "damaged unit" if not exact.

Hope i helped.

The Sorrow

Level 2
Well you may just be able to add cold attack to the unit and give his attack splash damage (missile type has to be missile(splash)). If not that, you can create a dummy unit at the position of any unit that he attacks with an expiration timer equal to how long you want the slow to last. Give him a negative value endurance aura with an AOE of 150 and rename the buff whatever you want. Hopefully this is clear enough, I'm kinda low in sleep.

Edit: If you use cold attack and have no other abilities that use the slowed buff, you can edit the speed penalties applied by Cold Attack in Advanced->Gameplay Constants, somewhere near the bottom of the list.

Last edited:
Level 2
OR you can add cleave ability with 100 % splash damage and slow buff ?
but with above trigger it will work with normal ranged splash attack.

EDIT: wasn't thinking, if it's melee unit XD
sorry
Altho cleave does work with ranged attacks ;)

Last edited:
Level 9
But is there a way i could make it so you can upgrade the slow? Cause with the Cold Attack, theres only 1 level..

EDIT: I found a way to do it. Just is there a way to detect if a player picks a spot for a unit to attack with the AoE? or is there a way just remove that icon?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.