• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with Tower Garrison System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey all >:D would anyone know how to create a system, where up to 4 player controlled units can enter that same players constructed tower and increase the maximum amount of targets that, that tower can attack by +1 per garrisoned unit? The base for an ungarrisoned tower should be 1 target.

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
You can track the units' orders. When their last order was to right click the tower and they are close to the tower, they will be loaded into the tower. I would do it only virtually without actually using any loading. Just hide the unit and change the tower's multishot ability level (barrage). I think there were some problems with attacking only 2 units, but I don't know. There are also multishot systems on the hive.

When you want to unload, you need to find an event the user can do to unload them. For example clicking the tower, selecting the tower and pressing excape, chat message, escape.
You could also make a second hero, so by pressing f2 you unload, or creating button units close to the tower and by selecting them unload.
Whatever you can be creative here.

Level 2
This is a way to do it, just copy the triggers/spells into your map. (use reset to default to find what spells are based on what)

And try to figure out how to make the proper barrage ability, it is attacking 3/4/5/6/7 targets depending on the number of units garrisoned, instead of 1/2/3/4/5 that I specified in the spell. You should be able to find how to fix this in one of the dedicated multishot threads.

Attachments

• Garrison And Multishot.w3x
    18 KB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.