• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help With Stamina System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Tasyen has helped me extensively with this so far, but I felt bad for bugging him so much so I'm taking this to the public forum for help.

Working on a Stamina system that would slowly drain a resource as your hero walks, so the player would have to rest periodically.

-Systems Used-

Bribe: UDex, IsUnitMoving

Tasyen: MyResourceBar

I had a lot of problems getting it to drain on movement at all, Tasyen got me to that point with great patience. I'm trying to clean it up a bit now to be a more fluid countdown. I would prefer the drain to be a steady interval of -1. So it would drop from 100 to 99, 98, 97, 96. Right now the drain is....well, I have no idea what the count is, and I think that is the measurement between to points as a unit moves. I like the option of having fraction of 1 point, but as I also plan to have the Stamina amount factor into an equation about how fast Thirst, Hunger, and Fatigue will drain, I would prefer whole numbers as the Stamina drains.

This has been a pretty big headache just to make this amount of progress and I couldn't have done it without Tasyen's extensive help, but now I'm gonna try to get some help from other people so he has time to worry about other things. So, the map is attached, and I hope you kind Hivers can help me out! Thanks!

Attachments

• Stamina System Help Open.w3x
    40.1 KB · Views: 26
Status
Not open for further replies.