• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help with Spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have been trying (for a very long time) to build a couple of spells with no luck.

1. Exorcism: Targeted AOE spell that does damage only to undead. More difficult than it sounds

2. Turn Undead: almost identical, but based on a slam effect (so centered on the caster)

3. Unholy Armor: basically the spell from wc2. damages allied unit 50 pts, and turns it invulnerable for 15 seconds.

ive searched the forums, and all i could find so far was this
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/help-spells-6927/

and this
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/exorcism-spell-21601/

and neither of them worked. Im not sure if its the spell type im using as my base or what, but nothing seems to happen, even when i copy the above posts exactly. and i havent found anything on Unholy Armor.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Level 20
For the Unholy Armor spell,i'm not sure i understood it. Does it damage only allied units? Is it targetable AOE/instant AOE or single unit? And who turns invulnerable?

Oh nevermind...i see.
I'll make it in few minutes..

EDIT: Enjoy :3

Attachments

• Spells.w3x
    19.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
1. Exorcism: Targeted AOE spell that does damage only to undead. More difficult than it sounds
Create a group of all units within AoE of target point.
For each unit, if that unit is undead then deal damage from the caster.

2. Turn Undead: almost identical, but based on a slam effect (so centered on the caster)
Same as above, but use position of casting unit rather than target position of ability.

3. Unholy Armor: basically the spell from wc2. damages allied unit 50 pts, and turns it invulnerable for 15 seconds.
Deal 50 damage to target unit from casting unit. Make target invundrable (there is a native to do this as well as abilites). Finally after some time you remove the invundrable ability. I advise timers for best accuracy but you could do some form of count down system and round to nearest second.

Level 2
Wow! thank you so much--you have no idea how long ive been trying to figure those out on my own. Thanks a ton

Status
Not open for further replies.