• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

help spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hey i need help again :( this time im trying to create a custom ability "Exorcism" pretty easy to guess what it does ^^ - but im having lots of trouble basically i dont know what to do

I want a AoE spell that damages undead units for 100 dmg :) can any1 help plz i would be extremely grateful

Level 2
or if yuo dont want stun base it off of heal and probably change what the graphics look like and make only target undead

Level 4
i cant find "undead"

Attachments

• target.JPG
    target.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 139
Level 11
Because that's how Holy Light was coded by blizzard.

In order to do the exorcism spell I suggest you trigger it with a pick up every unit within x range of (Target Point of Ability Being Cast) matching conditions ((Matching Unit) is undead equal to true), and then just damage (Picked Unit). That should do it!

~Daelin

Level 36
It has to be through triggers rather then object data then...that really is strange because Blizzard should have included the races in with the object data so that you could make your attacks only hit certain races or other classes. Well, it has to be in triggers somewhere because obviously if holy light can do it, then its possible somehow.

Level 12
Oh,

Oh, In that case..Do what daelin already suggested. Aww..man, can I type it out in Words, because I dunno how to work with trigger boxes or etc.

Events
Unit casts an ability(Exorcism is a kind of non-target spell right?)
Conditions
If ability cast equal is equal to (Exorcism)
Actions
Pick every unit within range of (Target Point of Ability Being Cast), Matching conditions or something like that,
If - Conditions
((Matching Unit) is Undead equal to true)
Actions - Deal (Amount) of Spell Damage to picked units.
If - Then
Actions - Do nothing.

I'm sorry I think I screwed up.:S I'm not exactly the triggerer. It's something like that. Warnico/Daelin or some good triggerer help please? Just don't follow my way. It's something like that but I'm sure I messed it up somewhere. ^^"

Level 18
No, that's just fine, I'll put it into the trigger tags later.

EDIT: Chucked it into trigger tags, as you can see ArcticInferno, you got it pretty much right.
  • Exorcism
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Exorcism
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 1024.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)) matching (((Picked unit) is Undead) Equal to True)) and do (Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Divine)
Of course you can change the range, damage and attack/damage type to suit you ^^.

Last edited:
Level 4
thanks alot gonna try that now, just wondering if i want the area to be the size of flamestrike etc what do i set the "Units within" part at?

Distruzio Venucci

D

Distruzio Venucci

You could just put a AOE on holy light...

Distruzio Venucci

D

Distruzio Venucci

Well I have WC3 editor open right now to the skill, "Holy Light."
I can clearly see a Option that says "Area Of Effect:0". Just set it to what you want... But if it dosent work than ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.