• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] help with skills please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
You just don't get me do you lol :wscrolleyes:

Example for your clone ability:

Your hero is level 3, and has 20 strength, 24 agility, and 35 intelligence.

He casts clone.

The clone will be a image of your hero BUT he will be level 1, 10 strength, 15 agility, and 20 intelligence.

Now enemys would see a level 1 hero and a level 3 hero and would know which one is the real one.

If you ARE making your clone based on summon, you would need to add the clone the casting unit's exp, states, and items.

Level 6
but then the exp gained will be splitted with the clone, so the hero would get less xp than b4 (or you could make that the triggering player will gain more xp with his/her heroes?)

Level 8
Clones - I dun Wanna make it hero based , just with reference, not as the real hero. clones are units (another units), so i can change the summoning in the real skill... that will make things a lil more equal, if not, do you have an idea to make it EXACTLY as i want?..

Level 29
Do you want your clone to look EXACLY like the hero ? (model, level, states, items) or just have the same MODEL ?

If the clone's objectives are to make the enemy not know which one is the real one (like the original Mirror) you will have to make him have the same level/states/items.

Level 12
the thing is, Ghost Wolf, if you are talking about the spell that creates a Clone at a certain position, my trigger works fine, since it uses Wand of Illusion

the unit summoned through the Summon Ward will be a dummy unit, and will only be used to pick the location of where to clone is supposed to be created.

Am i correct or am i totally lost?

Level 8
You catched the ball... and lost it.
Nah kidding but he wants to use a summon spell.

I keep on explaining that won't summon a copy of his hero but he doesn't want to listen so what ever...

well, i explain it this way... think in this:

im lvl 35, my hero is godlike xD FULL stats and all xD... i can summon lika 30 clones (each is stronger and everything)... clones will be godlike xD, i can easily win the game with that skill if the skill obey hero things... thats why im thinking it...

also, im triggering myself , one test im making... but thanks anyway, i will tell ya da results later...

Status
Not open for further replies.