• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[JASS] Request: Clone skill (another style)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
hi ppl, can someone make me this skill? i already try on GUI , but it doesnt work, and i dunno JASS... here it is the idea of the skill:

Clones:

the idea is mainly for quickness of the skill. the thing is liek this, when you cast the spell (is target spell (you have to target terrain, not enemy, not building, not you, etc)) a clone appears where you cast the spell. my english bad, so i cant explain it better.

skill advantage/disadvantage:
A: you can cast it very quick, for trapping people , etc.
A: yo can make hundreds of strategies with this style (ambush and a lot more).
D: you cant escape as easy as the common one.
D: you have to have a reasonable ammount of mana (this skill consumes mana per clone summoned).
A: you can preapare before battle, so the battle will be confusing... except for u.

this skill is for my actual project, which is not posted on hiveworkshop, and it will not be on BNet , actually, it is a map for a cyber coffee, of my city, the heroes are us (me, friends, etc , the one who want to be in)... this map is actually in progress.

if there is something that isnt clear, please tell me, i'll try to explain it better.

Level 3
Okay here it is and if there is anything you need help with changing just PM me.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I made it in GUI so you could understand it and I removed the leaks.

Attachments

• Clone.w3x
    14.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Level 3
Okay, I've made the changes you need!

Edit: Will post proper version soon (on wrong comp)

Last edited:
Level 8
xD another problem appears, the clone isnt selectable xD... or it attacks when a enemy unit appears? i need it to be "clickable" and controlable... sry for problems ocurred...

Level 3
Nearly forgot to post this :hohum:
I've made the adjustments you suggested:

Edit: Removed old version

Last edited:
Level 8
well, sry but another problem appear, i cant summon more than 1 clone... and i really dun need the second skill xD, but thanks anyway... i already PM you...

Level 3
well, sry but another problem appear, i cant summon more than 1 clone... and i really dun need the second skill xD, but thanks anyway... i already PM you...

yeah, i made it crudely without leaks and did it by creating a mirror image and then moving it to the spell's target (it uses the normal mirror image skill). Anyway, ill rewrite it to accommodate for more than 1 and ill try to hide that Hero Icon.

Level 9
I'm actually looking for a similiar spell with those effects. I'm just waiting for a version where it allows you to make more than just one clone. :D

Level 3
Okay I quickly made this and its only flaw is that you cant make it take more damage/do less damage like mirror image but if you want me to implement that I can. :wthumbsup:

Last edited:
Level 9
Can you make it take 5 times more damage and do about only 1/10 of the actual damage?

Level 8
sorry but i need the clones to take x10 damage and deal 30% damage ... can you make it? ... i just need that and the skill is complete...

EDIT: the hero image have to be removed too.

thanks for help. i will wait till you put it...

EDIT: i forget, i need to put the cloud special effect for summon and kill of a clone.

Last edited:
Level 3
I've made all the changes you guys wanted (minus the cloud SFX because I don't know which SFX you want and its easy for you to add).:wthumbsup:

Last edited:
Level 8
i try it, and it doesnt work well... also , how can i change the original death of the clones? i mean, i dun want them to die with the "triggering unit death type" , i want them to die in a cloud... the same when summoning...

Level 3
To dragon zombie:
That doesnt work because when the casting unit is removed the illusion is also removed. Also, the hero can only have as many illusions as the amount his mirror image ability has.

To mono:
Why isnt it very good?

Well, I created a trigger and it worked. However, there was one bug which would screw the skill. The bug was that one Illusion wasn't picked after creating and so after you cast the skill again the new created illusion and the old one moves to that point. Though that bug only occurs once. I tried to fix it, but couldn't.

So I would stick with joosh_7 solution.

Level 3
Okay, V4 is done...

Changes:
Added summon & death sfx
Made the ability spammable(no waits at all)
Removed the "This is a Clone" ability

Enjoy!

Attachments

• CloneV4.w3x
    17.3 KB · Views: 60
Level 8
well, the clone skill is over...

joosh_7: do you recieve my PM? i send you another Request xD, with a video of the skill i need.

thanks.

Level 3
Okay I don't know much about Naruto so I wiki'ed the "Rasengan" and filled the skill description with what I think it is. Once again, if you need help with something just ask.:wgrin:

Attachments

• Rasengan.w3x
    15.7 KB · Views: 89
Level 8
mmmhh... well, it needs some modifications... like the special effects (the start of the speel , in the mid (when flying away) and in the end (very similar to the first one) ) ... also , then slide (when you cast the skill) have to be more soft , i mean , it goes like in steps (not like sliding or going pushed away) ... thats the modification it have to have xD , i apreciate your help.

here is the link to the skill (video) i need : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5pOLcWA5GA

Status
Not open for further replies.