• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[JASS] Skills Based in Stats (I know how to do, others problems here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Well, I was thinking of doing a hero arena with skills based in status, so I searched on net and got how to do... But... the problems came:

Before I post the problems, I will post what I will do:

- Give dummy skills to heroes.
- Deals effect and damage using triggers

And the problems:

- So, if a unit have magic resistance, the triggers will do the same ammount of damage, no matters if the unit have 0%-99% magic resistance. Its possible to fix?
- One of my units have mana burn, but only a 0 appears when I burn the mana, the real amount of mana burned is hided by the trigger, how i show in the skill how much mana is burned?
- Also, the mana cost is based in the stats too, so its possible to show the real mana cost of ability in toltip? Without that the heros just uses the skills and does nothing.
- If possible, show how much damage the skill will do in the tooltip, not just the calc.

Level 11
- So, if a unit have magic resistance, the triggers will do the same ammount of damage, no matters if the unit have 0%-99% magic resistance. Its possible to fix?
would have to see some code.

- One of my units have mana burn, but only a 0 appears when I burn the mana, the real amount of mana burned is hided by the trigger, how i show in the skill how much mana is burned?
Recode ManaBurn from scartch, using a custom texttag instead of the one generated by the mana burn ability. Don't use mana burn as a base ability for it, as you cant get rid of the "0" it generates should it burn no mana.

- Also, the mana cost is based in the stats too, so its possible to show the real mana cost of ability in toltip? Without that the heros just uses the skills and does nothing.
its not possible to have dynamic tooltips. the content of a tooltip is static, based on the level of the ability. (for the fields automagically replaced, the ones like <DataA1,whatever>)

You would have to code a really pain-in-the-ass workaround to deal with dynamic mana costs.

- If possible, show how much damage the skill will do in the tooltip, not just the calc.
See above.

Level 11
That is not possible. The only kind-of dynamicness you get in tooltips are the <> fields which are based on the level of the ability. The closest you will get will be an ability with an insane number of levels to account for all possible mana costs, and for every ability, that will make the maps loading time obscene.

Level 12
You can set the manacost to 0 and trigger the drained mana. Say in blue that this spell requires X % of your mana. That is (I think) the best solution.
I can't, this make the map looks bad.
A good map is made on details.

-------------------------------------------------------

I saw a map that you have one spells that affect the others, but the others spells toltips change! Like this:

Fire Ball
Mana: 100
Tolltip: In a range of 600 deals 100 damage to target and explodes for more 50 damage AoE

Fire Mastery
Passive
Tolltip: Increase Fire Magic Powers

When you level Fire Mastery, Fire Ball became like that:

Fire Ball
Mana: 100
Tolltip: In a range of 650 deals 120 damage to target and explodes for more 60 damage AoE

Even if you already have the spell, or don't, and both spells have 3 lvs.

Level 19
Real power of JASS = Nearly same with GUI
(both cant change interface tooltips and etc I mean)

Status
Not open for further replies.