• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with Shadow Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello,
I have turned shadow strike into a healing over time + inc atk + inc mov spell, but there is a problem which I need help solving. =)
The problem is in each level but will type out just level 1 as I have the exact numbers for this level.
Level 1 - Data - Attack Speed Factor -.10 [Normally 0]
Level 1 - Data - Decay Power 5 [Normally 3]
Level 1 - Data - Decaying Damage -10 [Normally 10]
Level 1 - Data - Initial Damage -10 [Normally 75]
Level 1 - Data - Movement Speed Factor -.10 [Normally .50]
Level 1 - Stats - Area of Effect 0 [Normal for the spell]
Level 1 - Stats - Buffs Demons [Normally Shadow Strike]
Level 1 - Stats - Cast Range 100 [Normally 300]
Level 1 - Stats - Casting Time 5 [Normally 3]
Level 1 - Stats - Cooldown 5 [Normally 8]
Level 1 - Stats - Duration - Hero 25 [Normally 15.1]
Level 1 - Stats - Duration - Normal 25 [Normally 15.1]
Level 1 - Stats - Mana Cost 100 [Normally 65]

From my understanding of the spell it should in theory heal 10 hp initially, then heal 10 hp every 5 secs for 25 seconds, correct?
But in reality it heals initially 7 hp (assuming this is from the 30% reduc for heros taking effect), and heals 17hp every 5 sec.
Anyone know what could be the problem?

Oh and a side question...
When I put...umm damn forget which one but was either casting time or cooldown to 0, it healed 9000 hp in less than 5 secs, what could be cause that?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Level 1
The spell may be hardcored to only cause damage, so, you are setting it to heal, it may be causing the bug.The cooldown and casting time of shadow strike are related to the interval of damage, when I made a dummy spell based on it, I set it's casting time to 0.01, and it normally would damage 8 per sec, the result was a disaster, I killed a red dragon in 8 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.