• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with my spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi. I'm currently creating a hero for the Hero Challenge thing, but I realised, that, also I'm quite good with the world editor, I have no idea of how to make a custom spell/ability.
My ability should look like this: The hero slashes the air, sends out a projectile (I can change that) and hits a target enemy unit for damage, resembles the stormbolt mostly in that case. But instead of stunning it has a 5% chance of instantly killing the target when hit.
That's it, sounds easy, but I couldn't manage it. I have JASS, but can't use it properly. In case you want me to use JASS when you tell me your ideas, I can do that.
Btw, I tried to change the animation the hero (blademaster in this case) uses for this ability, which I couldn't accomplish, too. If you could please help me with this also...

Level 4
Whoa, didn't know that, thanks for reminding me of this.

But than my hero won't look like I want it!

Ack, whatever...

EDIT: I have a somewhat more neutral question: How do your dummies look like? I mean, can anyone give me the stats or something a dummy should have?

Level 2
Well you can do several things to dummy units. You manna make them 0 food so the food bar dosn't go psycho if your doing something that spawns and despawns alot. you could either use Unit- Hide (whatever) or give it ghost. You could also give it no model. I do all 3 just incase :p

Level 7
create a whisp and set model file to: none.mdl

that's the way i create dummy's

Level 11
I for one make them very small (collision ASAP - as small as possible ;)), obviously no food cost, if you base it on a worker I get the worker part down (because if you put them as workers they will appear in the lower-left corner and it sucks because you will get workers though there are NO workers). Moreover, depending on the spell (but in my case it usually doesn't matter), I give them NO vision (0 for day and 0 for night). That is all I guess. Oh, and I give them invulnerability skill (so they cannot be targeted) and as much mana as possible (maximum and starting).

Status
Not open for further replies.