• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help creating a "Windfury" spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm having trouble creating a spell that's like "Windfury" from WoW. If you're unfamiliar with it, it's a chance on hit spell that will instantly hit the target 2 or 3 additional times with X amount of bonus attack power. I could just use critical strike, but I really want the ability to work just like it does in WoW, so that each of the hits have the ability to also critical strike (that is if the hero has critical strike learned).

This one has really stumped me. All (two) idea's of making it work have failed. Any help is appreciated. :emote_smile:

Level 8
Never seen the spell before, but what about using an attack-speed increasing ability in combination with critical strike?

For example: (not exact triggers, mind you...)

• Events
  • A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
  • Ability being cast is equal to (YourSpell)
  • Actions
  • Unit - Order triggering unit to attack target unit of ability being cast
  • Unit - Give triggering unit (Attack Speed Increase Spell)
  • Wait x seconds
  • Unit - Remove (Attack Speed Increase Spell) from triggering unit
//The attack speed inc. spell would need to be based on something like endurance aura with a 100-300ish % increase.

Really simplistic, I know, and it may not be exactly what you were thinking of, but I think that's sorta like what you wanted. Hope this helps...

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
make a dumy unit, give it crit strike 100% then something like:

a unit recieves order with no target

order = (what ever the order is) and unit type = (your hero)

create dummy unit for owner of trigering unit.
order last created unit to attack target of trigering unit

------
give the ability locus to your dummy, and set its model to none.

Level 3
Never seen the spell before, but what about using an attack-speed increasing ability in combination with critical strike?

For example: (not exact triggers, mind you...)

• Events
  • A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
  • Ability being cast is equal to (YourSpell)
  • Actions
  • Unit - Order triggering unit to attack target unit of ability being cast
  • Unit - Give triggering unit (Attack Speed Increase Spell)
  • Wait x seconds
  • Unit - Remove (Attack Speed Increase Spell) from triggering unit
//The attack speed inc. spell would need to be based on something like endurance aura with a 100-300ish % increase.

Really simplistic, I know, and it may not be exactly what you were thinking of, but I think that's sorta like what you wanted. Hope this helps...
Windfury is a skill used by Shamans (It's really irritating btw), that when the shaman enchants the Windfury onto his weapon (he can do this with other elements, like ice, fire), then it gives him a chance to do 2 or 3 hits and do a BUNCH of extra damage per hit, AND those 2 or 3 hits have a chance to get a critical hit, in addition to the extra damage.. it's an irritating spell.

I'm pretty sure that's what Windfury does.. the shaman can also lay down a totem and give his nearby party members windfury.
I haven't really played a shaman all that much, so I don't know if that's what Windfury completely does.. I think it gives an attack speed bonus as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.