• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Help with LOAP style jail trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
*Fixed my problem needed to store the owner of the unit and not the triggering player*

I'm working on a LOAP style map but hopefully much much better than any LOAP... but I'm also teaching myself how to map and trigger at the same time.

Anyway I have my system working to capture, and imprison the correct unit. The only problem I am having is setting that criminal free.

I want it to only have 1 criminal per cell there are currently 2 cells and 2 people can be police officers at once

It's set up so they will go passive when they are in jail, and it is supposed to release them whenever another player (either by breaking down the cell door) or a policeman frees them but the way my triggers are now it doesn't work and I don't quite know why. I would accept any suggestions.

I am using 3 triggers because its the only way i could get it to work correctly.

*Cuffed is the buff given by the soul steal that I use as an arrest ability

• Imprisonment
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit enters Prisoner Dropoff A <gen>
  • Conditions
    • And - All (Conditions) are true
      • Conditions
        • PrisonAFlag Equal to 0.00
        • ((Triggering unit) has buff Cuffed!) Equal to True
  • Actions
    • Set PrisonAFlag = 1.00
    • Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)
    • Hero - Instantly revive (Triggering unit) at (Center of Revive After Prisoner Release <gen>), Hide revival graphics
*PrisonAUnit, and PrisonAPlayer store the unit and player for when they are restored (This is where I think there is a problem but idk)

• Prisoner Passive
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • PrisonAFlag Equal to 1.00
    • Actions
      • Set PrisonAFlag = 2.00
      • Set PrisonerAUnit = (Triggering unit)
      • Set PrisonerAPlayer = (Triggering player)
      • Unit - Change ownership of (Triggering unit) to Neutral Passive and Retain color
  • Prisoner Freedom
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • PrisonAFlag Equal to 2.00
    • Actions
      • Set PrisonAFlag = 0.00
      • Unit - Change ownership of PrisonerAUnit to PrisonerAPlayer and Retain color

Last edited:
Level 1
*Also fixed problem with region size/placement

Also I just implemented the second set of triggers I copied these exactly and changed the letters to B to match my mirrored variables and the second prisoner does not change to passive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.