• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Help with insanity system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i want to make a system that applies weird effects to a player if he kills too much

i have 2 questions for you guys:

1)Is posible to make a unit only visible to a player?(i want to make some sort of hallucination)
2)Is posible to only apply a filter just one player?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
1)Is posible to make a unit only visible to a player?(i want to make some sort of hallucination)
Units can be tricky in multiplayer due to synchronization.

If you just want what visually looks like a unit (cannot be interacted with) then the recently added special effect actions might work. Special effects must be created for all clients but can be visually customized locally.
2)Is posible to only apply a filter just one player?
I think the filter actions already support that. If not then with GetLocalPlayer it is completely possible.

Level 39
Give the unit permanent invisibility and locust; in the OE set it to not display on the minimap, give it no sight radius. Then create the unit for the player you want to see it. If it needs to attack or do other things then it might need to be more complicated than that. Alternatively, if the unit's model doesn't have any particle emitters (footman model, for example) you can locally change its color/transparency to make it nearly invisible to players that you didn't change it for. It will still appear as a shadow on the ground for other players unless you remove its shadow in the OE, and without giving the unit locust it'll still be selectable.

As Dr Super Good implied, a better answer for how to do what you want to do can be given if you can specify how much and in what ways the local units need to interact with other units.

Status
Not open for further replies.