• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with custom script

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Can someone tell me how to fix this custom script?

Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Move[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))])

The error is Expected '('

I have tried adding and removeng numerous parentheses, but i cant figure out the correct way. And i just copied "Move[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]" right from my trigger

And i really need this because without it my map becomes very laggy very fast

Level 11
it worked!!! Thank you so much +rep to both of you (even tho busterkomo disabled it >.< ). BTW do you know of anywhere that i can get all (or some common) commands ...or whatever you would call them... for custom script cuz that wud be useful. I just refer to the "things that leak" thread if i forget what they are :D

Level 13
First set the variable in a test trigger. Like your is

• Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Move[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Center of (Playable map area))
Then convert this into custom text. Edit > Convert to Custom Text
Then this appears.

JASS:
function Trig_Untitled_Trigger_002_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    set udg_Move[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetTriggerPlayer())] = GetRectCenter(GetPlayableMapRect())
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Untitled_Trigger_002 takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_002 = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_002, function Trig_Untitled_Trigger_002_Actions )
endfunction

Then you can get the custom script there so you'll know.
"udg_Move[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetTriggerPlayer())]"

I always do this because I too don't know jass. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.