• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with BUILDING campaign units on custom map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey - I have been trying for days and I just can seem to get this working -

I have figured out how to changed and play with stuff - like giving battlecruisers nuclear weapons and cloaking -

But what I really need help with is this:

I want to take campaign units (vulture/golaith/firebat -you know the UNITS WE WERE SUPPOSED TO GET IN MULTIPLAYER) and add them to my maps -

Problem is:

If I load normally without adding any depedencies and try to 'copy' paste units from one map to another doesnt work - obviously because of dependencies -

So I added the dependencies and got my list of cool shit - such as RAYNOR TYCUS SWAN - (in belly of the beast) now added into my list of DATA - perfect.

Problem is - Whenever I try to create any additional new data like a 'button' for the 'Barracks - Train' - (AKA Train Marine button - but renamed to Train Jim Raynor ---- however it comes up Train Jim Raynor (Unnamed) no matter what I do - so I click back and rename again and then it shows 'Train Jim Raynor Train Jim Raynor (Unnamed)' tried again... 'Train Jim Raynor Train Jim Raynor Train Jim Raynor (Unnamed)'

Its so frustrating! Its like blizzard doesnt want those units in multiplayer no matter what I do -

So I cant link the creation of the unit -- because when I go to select 'Train Jim Raynor' in the barracks button menu - it only shows 'Train - Marine, Firebat, Medic, Ghost, Spectre and such - and I have added the ability in the barracks list itself under the direct abilities of the barracks itself - it just wont let me link my new 'train unit spot 9 - 'jim raynor' in abilities

I know I am supposed to move campaign to the top of the dependencies - and I do - but I cannot remove the top (MOD) that originally loads - it always links to atleast one file even if its just the map square art.

So basically how do I fix?

My goal is to create a basic map that I BUILD, BUILD BUILD these new units! I would really like to create a massive 'additional units' mod - which just rips out the special campaign units like RAYNOR, and the ODIN - and creates them for purchase/production in factories/barracks/starports.

Please help!

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.