• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Change Ability Charges (with triggers and items)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi !

I'm encountering a serious issue with trigger that does not works...
I searched in many forums and this problem is unknown.

For example, I have "Jim Raynor - (commando)" unit that has plasma gun ability with 3 charges, and I just can't refill it with triggers, I've tried two different things (which seems super logical) but nothing happens...

Trigger not working.jpg

Then, I tried to put Blizzard's item on the map, but the unit just can't pick it...

Unpickable item.jpg

So my questions are :

1) How the hell Blizzard have done to make their campaign where Raynor refill ability's charges with triggers and pickable items ?

2) If you know, can you tell it to me please ? ^^

Thank you.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
My guess was right, the charge link was wrong.

It is meant to be RaynorPlasmaGun on Unit (not on Ability).
  • Unit - Add -1.0 charges used for charge RaynorPlasmaGun on unit Jim Raynor (Commando) [14.65, 15.01]
Code:
Add Charge Used For Unit
    Value: -1.0
    Charge: RaynorPlasmaGun
    Unit: Jim Raynor (Commando) [14.65, 15.01]
That action correctly increments charges of his Experimental Plasma Gun upwards towards the maximum.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
and it's not working...
Because it is the wrong charge link... It has to be what I said. Use "Add" to add it.

Attached is your map showing that it works perfectly. I even added a working alternative approach which demonstrates looking up the charge link string dynamically from the data itself.

Attachments

• Ability charge test fixed.SC2Map
    73.9 KB · Views: 64
Level 3
Thank you ! I don't know why but "RaynorPlasmaGun" wasn't appearing in the list.

Just before marking this topic as SOLVED, could you tell me why are the items unpickable ?
It's not really important because I can now do it with trigger and make a "false pick up" effect, but I would like to know please :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I don't know why but "RaynorPlasmaGun" wasn't appearing in the list.
You needed to manually add it with the "Add" button.
could you tell me why are the items unpickable ?
I cannot off the top of my head. Maybe they were triggered in the campaign. Maybe your Raynor lacks the right ability/behaviour to use them. The items were only used in WoL but the Raynor is from the HotS expansion (used in mission 2) so might have had the functionality removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.