• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with a new Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
hey guys i need some serious help for a new hero i am trying to create. He is called The Escape Artist.

I can deal with all the minor things (setting model, damage ect, ect) but i dont know how to make 3 of his spells.

First spell is a disguise, The Escape Artist places a tree on the ground and gets inside the tree hiding from enemy units. (basically when you use this ability, his modle turns into a northrend tree with no leaves and u cannot move/auto attack or cast abilities, only way to get out of it is to press the button again or be attacked). Also this will have to make the enemy units not able to auto attack the Escape Artist.

For the levels of disguise: lvl 1, lasts 10 seconds
lvl 2, lasts 15 seconds
lvl 3, lasts 25 seconds
lvl 4, lasts 35 seconds

Second spell is like disguise but instead of turning himself into a tree he places a tree in the selected area that can be targeted(same looking tree as before). When the tree is targeted it will have the same as the Escape Artist. If an enemy unit goes with in 400 range of it or attacks it, it will explode dealing damage. The tree will last 20 seconds at all ranks and takes 2 seconds to detonate.

Levels are: lvl 1, deals 150 AoE damage
lvl 2, deals 200 AoE damage
lvl 3 deals 350 AoE damage
lvl 4, deals 450 AoE damage

LAST SPELL! This is his ultimate, it clones a selected enemy unit dealing % of the heros damage and takes % extra damage.

lvl 1, deals 65% damage of the hero, takes 200% more damage and lasts 30 seconds.
lvl 2, deals 75% damage of the hero, takes 150% more damage and lasts 35 seconds.
lvl 3, deals 85% damage of the hero, takes 120% more damage and lasts 40 seconds.

The ultimate isn't really an issue, I am sure I can find a spell just like his ultimate, its just the two other spells I do not have a clue what to do.

I already know how to work out his 4th spell. I don't know how to create a spell with triggers so I don't know where to start so I hope some people here can help me out.

Thanks.

Level 33
Disguise
make the enemy units not able to auto attack the Escape Artist.
This is hard, I guess...
It's a hard-coded engine

You can however to force the enemy units to stop its current order, but that would be weird, suddenly you're walking through forests and then you stopped suddenly, must have been something wrong
2nd spell

I don't know what do you meant by "when it is targeted"
What if, your enemy unit is at the base, and he gets a vision of you (the cloned trees), he simply clicks at you, then it triggers the detonate?

Or you must first "attack" it first ? (by correspond to the event of "A unit Is attacked" ?
Ultimate

Easy as pie, I'm sure you can do it on your own ?

Hint: Use a spell named Item Illusions

Level 1
Disguise

This is hard, I guess...
It's a hard-coded engine

You can however to force the enemy units to stop its current order, but that would be weird, suddenly you're walking through forests and then you stopped suddenly, must have been something wrong
2nd spell

I don't know what do you meant by "when it is targeted"
What if, your enemy unit is at the base, and he gets a vision of you (the cloned trees), he simply clicks at you, then it triggers the detonate?

Or you must first "attack" it first ? (by correspond to the event of "A unit Is attacked" ?
2nd spell

For the second spell, what I meant by "targeting" is when you actually select the tree itself it says the name 'Escape Artist' for the name of the tree. It will not detonate when targeted, it will only detonate when you go within X amount of yards or attack the tree directly.

For the first spell I'm not really sure how you could stop the random pausing of the characters walking past The Escape Artist, I just don't want them to be walking through the forest and randomly run up and auto-attack the Escape Artist while he is disguised. Is there a way to make The Escape Artist classified as being stealthed when he uses the disguise but still be visible and selectable, this might stop auto-attacking?

Level 1
If you select it, it will appear as a normal unit, you can't select any of the other trees but you can select the "Fake Tree". It only detonates/has an effect within the XXX range around it, selecting it will not trigger the detonation in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.