• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with 2 spells (buff/avatar and combinding skills to 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm new to worldeditor, having started a week ago, but I pick things up fast.

I've read through the tutorials and searched for relevant threads, but I'm still stumped with a couple of spell. Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

1st spell, Last Stand.
The spell may be turned on/off, like immolation. The effects work like auras.
Nearby friendly units (but not the casting hero) gains an increase in max life, armour, and regeneration, but a decrease in speed and attack damage/rate.
Triggering hero takes health damage as long as the spell is turned on

This is a killer, I've though of alternatives like making it into a timed ability (with cooldown), and giving avatar to picked units, but war3 crashes instead. I've also thought of combining auras, but I can't get it to work.

2nd spell, Quick-Footed
This is a passive ability.
Hero gets critical and evasion.

My problem with this is how to get both spell effects into a single spell.

Thanks for any help.

Level 13
Re: Help with 2 spells (buff/avatar and combinding skills to

Secret said:
1st spell, Last Stand.
The spell may be turned on/off, like immolation. The effects work like auras.
Nearby friendly units (but not the casting hero) gains an increase in max life, armour, and regeneration, but a decrease in speed and attack damage/rate.
Triggering hero takes health damage as long as the spell is turned on

This is a killer, I've though of alternatives like making it into a timed ability (with cooldown), and giving avatar to picked units, but war3 crashes instead. I've also thought of combining auras, but I can't get it to work.

First, make an ability based on defend, then you must create a trigger which will detect if the caster turn it on. Event based on unit ordered with no target, check the order string, is it equal to "defendon" and is the caster has the ability. If yes turn on another trigger to deal damage per second and create dummy unit which has some needed auras on caster position.

Create another trigger for turn off event. When it turned off, kill the dummy, and turn off the trigger which damage the caster.

Secret said:
2nd spell, Quick-Footed
This is a passive ability.
Hero gets critical and evasion.

My problem with this is how to get both spell effects into a single spell.

Thanks for any help.

Use drunken brawler.

Status
Not open for further replies.