• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Help][Spell] Enchanted Lancet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZXD

ZXD

Level 2
Hello,
im currently in progress with a Project http://eurobattle.net/showthread.php?t=60928 ,
and now im stuck at making a Spell, and i hope somebody could atleast point me the right direction how to fulfill my idea:

Enchanted Lancet (Based on Shadow Strike)
this is the triggering spell. Has Cooldown and mana cost, Cast Range is at 800.
Damage and else things are all at 0.

Fire Lancet/Ice Lancet/Lightning Lancet
these are the spells that are supposed to be randomized.

Now how can i do so that each time Enchanted Lancet is being cast, that System randomly picks out 1 of those 3 Spells and order a dummy unit to Cast it on the target of Enchanted Lancet.

i know hwo to order a dummy to cast a spell, but im of no idea how to do so that it picks one out of those 3 spells, each time the Enchanted Lancet is being cast, it supposed to be random.

Help please :confused::razz:

ZXD

ZXD

Level 2
Take a random integer between 1 and 3, if it equals to 1 cast ability 1, if it equals to 2 cast ability 2, if it equals to 3 cast ability 3. Its as simple as that :)

god thank you :D

Edit: ok i tried it out, it didnt work, heres pic :S

spellso8.jpg

Reference:
Shadow Strike= Activation Command.
Ive set on every ability the activation command to Shadow Strike, i mean the one Turn On String thing.

Last edited:
Level 3
try this

• Enchanted Lancet
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Enchanted Lancet
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Random integer number between 1 and 3) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Fire Lancet to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Warden - Shadow Strike (Target unit of ability being cast)
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Random integer number between 1 and 2) Equal to 1
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Add Ice Lancet to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Warden - Shadow Strike (Target unit of ability being cast)
            • Else - Actions
              • Unit - Add Lightning Lancet to (Last created unit)

Status
Not open for further replies.