• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DotA Chain Frost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Im trying to copy the DotA Chain Frost (Lichs ulti)
Some1 plzzzz tell me what im doing wrong:

Part 1:
E -Unit-A unit begins casting an ability
C -(Unit-type of (Casting unit)) Equal to Ice Appretice
-(Ability being cast) Equal to Chain Frost
A -Set ChainFrostJumps = 6

Part 2:
E -Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
C -(Ability being cast) Equal to Chain Frost
A -Unit - Create 1 Spell Enchanter for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Targeted unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
-Unit - Add Chain Frost Blow to (Last created unit)

-Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Lich - Frost Nova (Targeted unit)

Part 3:
E -Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
C -(Ability being cast) Equal to Chain Frost Blow
A -If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
ChainFrostJumps Greater than 0
Then - Actions
Unit - Create 1 Spell Enchanter for Player 1 (Red) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Add Chain Frost to (Picked unit)
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Random unit from (Units within 800.00 of (Position of (Last created unit)) matching (1 Equal to 1)))
Wait 0.20 seconds
Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
Set ChainFrostJumps = (ChainFrostJumps - 1)
Else - Actions
Do nothing

sry not my fault the forum text space is so small :))

Level 22
I didnt even read whole that trigger, there is an alot easier way. Just make a dummy with 1 dmg, missle bounce attack, and then change his number of targets.
Give him a 'item attack lightning bonus' based spell that has a 100% chance to cast any spell u want.

Done :p (I know it works cuz I use it to for my campaign)

Level 12
Ramza said:
didnt even read whole that trigger, there is an alot easier way. Just make a dummy with 1 dmg, missle bounce attack, and then change his number of targets.
Give him a 'item attack lightning bonus' based spell that has a 100% chance to cast any spell u want.Done icon_razz.gif (I know it works cuz I use it to for my campaign)
Bah cheat!:twisted: This way is too easy for making such advanced spells. It's no challenge. :wink: It really feels to easy. There must be some weak point in a such simple method.

Flaming said:
Try looking for Chain Freezing in spells it might be what you want.
If you mean Darky's spell then know that it has bugs.

Level 2
ur idea might work but i dont wanna make a unit specially for a spell,i wanna work flawless with triggers :D but i would like to learn jass to,i just cant find where :(

Level 7
True, unless you want to do something stupid like replacing the unit constantly with a new unit I don't think your method would work ramza.

@ whoever asked this: There are a bunch of bounce style spells all over the place. Vex made a template, I made a cheesy one(that has some bugs, but easy to fix bugs) and there are also all those omnislash type spells. Which are, in essence, EXACTLY the same thing, all you gotta do is rework them to have a missile(I recommend using Drunken Haze/Acid Bomb to do the missile)

Level 3
Ramza's would still work, for however many levels on the spell are possible, make that many dummy units, each with a custom ability of a bounce attack that allows however many targets.

It really is the simplest way, but if you want to get complicated you'd still need some form of dummy unit, so no matter what you're going to end up with alot of telling dummy unit with a frost attack to attack target of spell or some shit.

Really confusing, too many triggers.

Ramza is smart, listen to him, he'll save you from having an anxiety attack from stressing about what action is broken in a complex trigger 10 pages long.

Status
Not open for further replies.