• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

A little spell problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi everybody^^ Im quite a starter at making spells, and i need help on making this one.
  • Chain Frost
    • Events
      • Unit - Naisha 0016 <gen> Takes damage
      • Unit - Naisha 0031 <gen> Takes damage
      • Unit - Naisha 0032 <gen> Takes damage
      • Unit - Naisha 0033 <gen> Takes damage
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Casting unit)) Equal to Ice Crawler
    • Actions
      • Set Position = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Mean Dummy for Neutral Hostile at Position facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Lich - Frost Nova (Attacked unit)
      • Wait 0.10 game-time seconds
      • Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
Im trying to do a spell based on chain lighting, and everytime it hits an enemy, It cast a frostnova on the target. The problem is that i did not find the condition for this kind of thing ( damaging ability= chain ice? oO)

Alsop,im not too sure that i must use Naisha take damages as events. Could you help me?

( Btw,sorry for not putting a prefix,i cant edit this,i posted too fast ^^')

Level 3
I'm no amazing spell maker, but I can see right now that your Conditions is messed up. It says Unit-Type of Casting unit, but the event never refered to anything being cast. It should be Unit-Type of attacking unit.. Therefore looking like:
  • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Ice Crawler
OR if you mean the target of an ability, it should be
  • Chain Frost
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Chain Frost
      • Actions
    • Set Position = (Position of (Casting unit))
    • Unit - Create 1 Mean Dummy for Neutral Hostile at Position facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Lich - Frost Nova (Target unit of ability being cast)
  • Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Position)
Don't use wait functions as you can't make a skill MUI (Multi-unit instable, so multiple units in the game could use it). However, I don't believe this would cast a chain spell because the base order string is frost nova, not a chain lightning spell or something. I think theres a guide on that if you want to check it out. The custom script at the end would remove the variable and therefore stop leaks.

Level 12
Firstly, not attacking unit but damage source.

But spell finished is better i think. Also, blarf didn't mention expiration timer requires a buff, use blizzard caster.

Oh, yeah about the leak, after everything use Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Position)

Level 2
Thanks for this help^^ But the I want frost nova to be casted on every targets of the chain lightning,and with this trigger, it cast it only on the first target. Any idea how i could do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.