• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help "Scream"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I would like to do the following: I want that when casting an ability, let's say "Scream", all the enemy units within a radius of 500, attack the unit that is casting the spell, and that an exclamation mark appears on their heads (only the enemy units) How can I do that?

Level 28
Use the mountain giant's Taunt ability as a base then pick all enemy units within 500 of position of casting unit and create a special effect on top of their heads (exclamation mark)
  • Special Effect Group
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Taunt
    • Actions
      • Set Point = Position of (Casting unit)
      • Custom script : set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500 radius of (Point) matching (Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Casting unit) Equal to True) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Temp_Integer = (Temp_Integer + 1)
          • Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to Temp_Integer
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe.mdl
          • Set Temp_SFX[Temp_Integer] = (Last created special effect)
      • Custom script : call RemoveLocation (udg_Point)
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to Temp_Integer, do (Special Effect - Destroy Temp_SFX[(Integer A)])

Last edited:
Level 6
Use the mountain giant's Taunt ability as a base then pick all enemy units within 500 of position of casting unit and create a special effect on top of their heads (exclamation mark)
I know that, but I don't know how to express it in triggers ...
upload_2020-4-29_1-43-44.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-29_1-43-34.png
    upload_2020-4-29_1-43-34.png
    312 bytes · Views: 23
Status
Not open for further replies.