• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Eagle Attack - Cant realise my idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello Hive, this is my new Idea, a Eagle Attack Spell

Name:
Eagleattack

Description:
Calling a Eagle for Help, the scream of the Eagle will stun the Target and the Eagle will attack the Target for 500 Damage.

Basicly the Eagle spawns by the casting unit, screaming and then flying to the unit of ability being cast, but the damage doesnt work and i cant realise my idea

How it should work:
The eagle should fly high, with normal speed and then he should swoop down to the target unit of ability being cast and then do a attack animation on the target + blood effect on the target and the eagle should NOT stop, he should continuing the swoop and then fly back to the master (casting unit)

i hope someone can help me with that, i think i did much fails in this spell, i would like to see the spell working so i can learn how to create spells like this =)

Attachments

• EagelAttack.zip
    153.4 KB · Views: 53
Level 7
The first thing the damage:
You could damage the target by triggers (might need jass dunno) since the eagle cant attack and deal damage if it still is moving.

The actual swoop:
Yet again i think you might need to move it by triggers (check tutorials think i found something in the arrow key movement post) whilst it swoops.

The return:
I saw that the eagle had follow on me which is not very well since he wont go all the way and did not move at all at start because i was too close (or something like that). There might also be a slight issue regarding the removal of the eagle. The eagle gets removed if it enters the region, but what if the region is placed on it? Try making a periodic timer that picks all eagles in that region and removes them.

Hope it works:)

Status
Not open for further replies.