• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help! (Probably just a simple mistake of mine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm new to modeling and I was looking to see if I could get some help with this problem I've come across:

So I was just playing around with some pieces and managed to put together this little thing:
image.jpg

I tested all of the animations in the model viewer and everything seemed to check out fine, so I imported it into the current map I'm working on... And this happened:
image.jpg

If I change the rotation in the model's preview in the World Editor the misplaced head/cape don't move along with it, which leads me to believe that I've done something wrong with attaching the head/cape to the rest of the model.

Also, this happens in game:
image.jpg

I attached the imported pieces to bones when I imported them so I don't understand why this is happening! :cry: Please reply if you know how to fix this problem, or can at least tell me what I've done wrong!

The pieces used in the model are...

Level 18
Okay...
From my experience, this happens because you didn't 'Calculate Extends' the model...
If you are using Magos Model Editor, go to Edit > Calculate Extends.
After doing so should fix the problem...
This method also fixes the problem of custom portrait where there is a portrait camera and animation inserted into the model...

Status
Not open for further replies.