• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

This is probably a really silly question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
but for some reason, anything I "create" in Model Editor, doesn't work.

Which is ridiculous because I'm not doing anything drastic.

For example, I opened the Shandris model, and just replaced the shandris texture with the elven ranger one (that's already in it anyway). I then exported the model, and it didn't work! Similarly, I wanted to use a skin I downloaded from here on a model (because I want to use the model with the original skin as well, not write over it), and that didn't work as well.

By "didn't work", I mean the model was successfully imported into the editor, however, once placed, the units appeared as the green boxes, and ingame, the models didn't appear.

(also, I don't know if this is relevant: sometimes, in the Import Manager, those models would appear as if they have 0KB size.)

Status
Not open for further replies.